Ch.38 - Let It Be

Okay for reasons uncertain, I really liked the way I wrote this chapter?? Like I think it's worthy for you guys to read, which is rare. So I hope you enjoy :)

Next update is next Friday
__________________________________________________

Zombies.

Fiction or not?

Ground breaking news has been unearthed because Charlotte has solved the case not even Sherlock Holmes had (begun) to crack.

They're real.

Starving and scrounging up bits of scraps not actually healthy for consumption.

You name a place, they're there. Anywhere and everywhere shuffling around the world descending into different stages of slobbery groaning. All seeking to find just where they can source out some yummy brains with a side of pizza, and these creatures take form as sleep deprived students--searching--In a text book? Under a desk?--Nope. What they're hungry for is good ol' caffeine. The one and only real source for zombie relief as students mull about from course to course, clawing their way through a class.

Well, most of the time. Some are just too far down the rocky tiring road to be saved by a simple styrofoam cup of brewing hot brown liquid.

Charlotte, once again, did not sleep.

Though thankfully the paranoid thoughts have stopped fully, but her churning battle to push herself into a slumber filled oblivion seems to be a battle not close to being won.

Not to say she hasn't slept because she has. Just not in the appropriate places and sadly not for very long.

"Charlotte?" Soothing hands running up and down her back, gliding between her hunched shoulder blades as if skating on ice. Sure, precise movements running over her taut muscles, kneading them from their knotted state.

She can barely move, barley register what's around her, but the familiar feeling of graceful hands and that soothing voice rise no fear in her.

His humming of a tune she sorta recognizes but honestly, the trail blazers path of those hands traveling cleanly over her body leaving her warm and fuzzy, are distracting her back into happy sleepdom.

Her face is pressed into something soft, it's surface comfy, and a bit cold, rubbing her face into it much like an animal might do to rub some atoms together for more warmth.

The warm touch leaves her side and she's left feeling bare without it. Frowning as she wraps her arms around her torso tiredly, huffing out.

Apparently that's funny as Robert's soft laugh fills the silence. Then some ruffling, and soon there after, something--a blanket?--Falls over her horizontal form. No, too small for a blanket.

The waft of oaky mint wood that flushes into her nose, the air escaping out from beneath the settling cloth as it rests on her (smelling very distinctly of Robert) tells her it's the blazer he was wearing earlier in class.

She sighs contently, pulling at it and nudging her nose under the soft fabric, legs curling up under it as well until her foots pulled on, brows furrowing as she feels the couch dip just there at the end--oh.

Another wash of heat and she pulls her eyes open into thin slits, enough to see Robert carefully tugging off her shoes and setting them aside.

She tugs a shy smile over her ruby red lips, reaching her velvet blue eyes, as his hand settles warmly on her calf. The simple kind gesture increasing the fuzzy feeling inside her.

Alluring caramel orbs drifting up along her curled up form, till they meet glances.

A smile matching her own spreading softly over his boyish features.