Ch.21 - Recountings In Reverie

Can I just say how much I adored your guys' answer to the last chapters question? Seriously. I love that you guys wouldn't change yourselves. It warmed my heart and gosh, yeah. I didn't even think of the question that way but I loved your answers. Hugs to all you adorable people.

Here's your chapter, enjoy!

__________________________________________________

The day had passed and gone just as quickly as it had came. Maybe just maybe that's because her brain is just ticking over the weekend and trying to decipher through the mess of feelings that keep heating her chest every time she recounts it.

Not that she's over thinking it, running it over and over again (lies).

She can still feel Robert's soft hands swiftly gliding over her palm, the electric buzz that was his contact. Or the way her shoulder bumped into his, how she had leaned into it, and is both intrigued and concerned by it. Her growing affection (or at least she thinks, maybe, that's what it is). Leaning into his caress as he held her close, let her come back to reality after her stupid fat uncle had pushed her past her limits. The simple kindness, simple thought, and warmth. That warmth against her icy touch.

Every each of those moments were like golden bits of stone peeking through dark deep mud mixed with twigs and bugs and grossness. The unearthing of her simple ditsy crush that was sorta, maybe, kinda not going away. It would though, right?

She's confused, and trying to deny it (the crush), blame the fact she had sipped a few beers back, and that those devilishly easy beverages had somehow contorted her mind to make her think she liked Robert more than just a ditsy crush. A different category of crush. A trust crush. Or does that make sense? A little, maybe?

Sitting in class, nervously, beside George and this JR or Jay guy on her other side, but she tries to ignore him and instead became the most studious student that had ever lived. Waiting for Robert to stride into class with all his charms and sweetness. Mind on the run, lost in a cloud of all that had happened Saturday night.

This has been her all this week. Some sort of emotion trying to make itself known deep within her. Trying and succeeding to spread just a little bit in its slow voyage. She's content? Maybe? No, not really. Only in flashing and quick passing. Maybe. But her crush made things seem less deadening. Less depressing and dark.

But even that had its price as she found herself irreversibly confused both by herself and what had almost happened that night.

The music was light, flowing, and graceful in its encapsulating tune, weaving and waving her away from the mess that was her life, of her stress, and of her distractions. The feint pull of something familiar making its way into her chest, into her brain, and lulling her into soft slumber.

No dreams, no nothing, just soaking sleep. She hadn't realized and tired she really was until she got that shut eye.

She wasn't totally sure how long she had been out but she awoke cuddling close to Molly, like a cave she had curled around her little sister, and the soft stroking of a hand brushing against her arm in long slow lines. Lifting her from her dazed state, unveiling her conscious back into awakening. The gentle finger tips gliding over her sweater-ed skin, then twisting to a smooth brush with the back of a hand. She hummed snuggling closer, tugging the blanket that was mysteriously wrapped around her, wanting nothing more than to continue her mindless state.

Then the lightening rod of panic jolted her into reboot, eyes shooting open, unmoving, stiffer than wood.

It didn't take longer than a moment to find those brown eyes and the softness that attached to it. Softly staring at her with a warm smile. The huff of air that released itself from her body, resting in those eyes, easing her back into the welcoming cushions she lay on.