1장.

Solo Leveling¦01
⤷⥐⤶

Seoul, Korea

HER LEGS TREMBLED.

She almost tripped countless times, even though she had tried her best.

Her shoelaces just wouldn't stay put, either.

The woman's skinny, frail body shook with every step she took, her down turned (E/C) orbs hidden behind her round glasses drifting about every corner in fear.

Hands clutched at her chest, she couldn't help but let out a sigh as she neared the construction sight she was to have her next raid in.

This (H/C) haired woman, (L/N) (Y/N), was the weakest. Yes, there was Sung Jin-woo, who the world considered the 'weakest'.

But then she existed.

(Y/N) was an even worse version of Jin-woo. She would consider herself the most useless. And indeed, that was her nickname, granted her by the hunters association.

No matter how hard she tried, she wasn't even able to keep a normal conversation with humans, nevertheless face monsters in dungeons.

She was weak, short, frail, useless and scared.

It was pathetic to even have other hunters be associated with her.

...And yet, she always found herself moving towards the next dungeon on her list, only to be useless there, too.

Why, you ask?

Blame the so-called 'weakest' of the hunters.

Blame him.

Because she wouldn't have to keep on fighting and living, if he didn't exist.

Blame him for being so incredibly important to her, that she had to see through his every challenge and struggle.

Yes, our beloved (Y/N) had fallen for the skinny, black haired hunter. She had fallen for him so terribly bad. And she didn't regret shit, either.

And so, going back to the story at present - (Y/N) had lost her composure once more. Tripping over air, the woman fell to the ground below her with a small groan of agony.

Shutting her eyes as tears threatened to fall, she tried her best to push them back in, wiping them with the sleeve of her oversized brown trench coat.

Don't cry!!

At least not here!

Come on, (Y/N)!!

You promised yourself...

...You promised yourself that there wouldn't be any more of this shit...

You promised...

The woman was able to compose herself soon after, moving to sit herself upwards, eyes squinted as she moved to adjust her round glasses.

Letting out a small sigh after seeming to calm herself down, she pulled her backpack off of the ground and back on to her trembling back.

Getting to her feet shakily, she soon began on her way once more, hiding her face behind her (H/C) bangs in an attempt to avoid any human gazes.

Upon reaching the construction sight she was supposed to be taking on the dungeon in, she clutched the straps of her backpack in an attempt to cool herself down, sucking in air, before releasing it with a determined gaze.

"I'll try my best today," She said out loud, soft voice alerting the other hunters who seemed to have been living peacefully.

Upon realizing she had spoken out loud, she shriveled in fear, eyed widening and cheeks burning a bright red as she fell on to the ground once more, the laughter of others around her blowing loudly in her ears.