It was startling and the human mind was indeed complicated. In the safety of their homes, Sophia never had the time to think. It was so easy to forget...as if the man had effortlessly lowered himself down to a level that she found palatable.

But now...Sophia knew she was threading on a risky road but, at the same time...she felt as if she'd manage.

The less she bothered herself thinking so hard about it, the better.

The car soon stopped and Elijah reluctantly eased away, giving her enough space to reach back for her things and after doing so Sophia immediately began moving.

Her hands reached for the door only pause as she felt something brush against her cheek. Sophia's eyes immediately snapped to the man who now watched her with a small smile.

Sophia's face immediately heated. Surely he didn't expect her to...

"Come here," his hand moved pass her check to her neck and without waiting further, he gently brought her over.

"Elijah...what if someon-" her voice trailed off softly, completely going silent as he kissed her. It was only a small chaste kiss but it still left Sophia reeling, feeling his soft lips on hers.

It was something she couldn't get enough of.

"Stop bothering yourself over trivial things, Sophia." He murmured, kissing her again.

Sophia wanted to retort but the words died on her lips as he bit her lightly. A jolt shot through her body and Sophia soundlessly moaned. She almost said fuck it entirely before she suddenly remembered just where she was.

Sophia immediately pulled away, her eyes snapping open. She immediately leaned back and worked on calming herself out of the excitement, staring at Elijah sourly. "If this continues I'll be late...every morning."

"Ah, my apologies Sophia," Elijah smiled looking not one bit sorry, he straightened in his seat before fixing his tie, "You taste amazing, I can't help myself."

Sophias eyes went wide and she quickly looked away. She coughed a bit to cover her flushed face and immediately unlocked the door, rushing out as if the seats were on fire.

Being in this man's company was akin to fighting tooth and nail against temptation.

Sophia hurried away, fixing her braids over her shoulders as she went and soon heard the sound of his car pulling away from the pavement. Sophia turned to look one last time before shaking her head and walking off to the elevator.

The power that man had over her could never be underestimated. For a moment there Sophia caught herself thinking it was unfortunate, not spending this entire day with him that is.

She shook off the nerves and followed her usual routine, taking the elevator up to her floor, passing many coworkers on her way there and dodging a few other managers who fixed her with curious gazes inside the main hall before she finally reached to her destination a bit later.

With a heavy sigh and an internal pep talk, Sophia pulled the door open an stepped inside.

Upon doing so, the small chatter inside her wide open office area immediately quieted. The silence only lasted for a short second before being broken by a loud squeal.

"Sophia!" The person moaned, pushing the other two out of his way none too gently and rushing over. The man who was significantly larger than the other two, almost pushed the girls to the floor.

Sophia got the same treatment but instead of pushing her out of the way. The man slammed into her, arms encircling her in a wide bear hug.

"I'm guessing you missed me?" Sophia squeezed out, immediately regaining control of her motionless arms to pinch the man's side.