That's why Robyn tried to set me up in the first place. I just moved here and I don't have any friends or any romantic interests.

Besides Onika but she doesn't even like me back.

"Shut up." She says up again with one of her hands on my leg but we got interrupted right before our lips touched, my phone started ringing.

"Jesus fucking Christ." Mel groaned and moved back.

I checked my phone and it was Onika. "I can ignore it if you want."

I haven't spoke to Onika since I left her house on Friday. I don't know why she was mad or if she even was mad at me, I didn't do anything.

I'm not going to beg for her friendship, I like being her friend but if she doesn't want to be mine then I respect that.

I just don't understand why we can't be friends just because I asked out, its not like I confessed my love for her and asked her to elope with me.

"Answer it." She was right, it was probably Imani calling, she should be out of school by now.

I picked my phone up and answered it. "Hello?"

"BeyBey?" It was Imani.

"Hey princess, what's wrong?" She only calls me when something wrong or when she wants cookies. She's like five, it's not like she's gonna call me to go and get drinks or something.

"My mommy. She fell and she wasn't answering me."

"Huh? When was this?" I knew there was something wrong with her.

"When we got home, she's awake now I think but I'm scared. I think it was because-"

"Imani?" That was Onika somewhere in the background.

"Bye BeyBey." She whispered and hung up right after.

"I have to go." I tapped Mel to get up since her head was in my lap.

"Go take care of what you have to take care of and text me later." She sat up so I could stand.

"Okay, bye musty." I got up and kissed the corner of her mouth.

"Musty? Hoe that isn't related to my name at all."

I just laughed and walked out. I got in my car and sped off to Onika's house.

I got there faster than I should've because I was speeding. I got out my car and rang the doorbell.

Onika rang the doorbell looking worse than when I saw her. "Bey?"

"I'm taking you to the hospital."

"Um, no you're not?"

"Imani called me and told me you passed out."

She rolled her eyes and let me in. "I didn't, I'm perfectly fine."

"The brain is really not something to play with. Put your shoes on and get Imani."

"I'm not-" I picked her up and threw her over my shoulder.

"Bey put me down!" She started to hit my back but I could barely feel it, she had hands the size of a baby.

"Imani! Where are you?"

She came running downstairs with the fitted hat I bought her on. "You're kidnapping my mommy?"

"A little bit. Can you go get shoes for you and your mommy?"

Imani nodded and ran back up the stairs.

"Put me down." She gave up on hitting me and accepted her fate.

"You sound like a child. I'm not putting you down until we get to my car, you're not about to run away."