Chapter 10

Hinata went to bed that night with a soft smile on her face. Everyone in her team had passed and no one would have to go back to the academy. Apparently they were ready to start missions under the surveillance of Kakashi sensei.

She hugged her pillow feeling uneasy; she wanted to do everything she could to make Naruto-kun feel proud of being her teammate… and well, she didn't want Uchiha-kun to scream at her anymore either.

She smiled thinking of her new comrades as Kakashi sensei's words came back to her. Sasuke had passed his survival mission just by accepting their help. That had been his personal test, something as simple as to stop thinking he could do everything on his own. It had been a tough lesson for her teammate to learn, but she was sure that lesson had brought them together in a very special way for the rest of their lives, hers and Naruto-kun's and Uchiha-kun's as well.

She fell asleep with the sound of crickets singing outside her window.

She was startled awake by a loud noise right beside her pillow. Someone was tapping his shoes impatiently against the tatami with the clear purpose of waking her up. When her eyelids opened, she found a pair of black eyes staring at her from above, arms crossed and an unfriendly expression on his face.

She grabbed her sheets and covered herself completely, embarrassed that he had seen her that way.

"Uchiha-kun, Wha-what are you doing here?" It was simply impossible that someone had let him in her bedroom just like that. He was a boy and she was a girl, and things around the Hyuga complex were very traditional. If he had knocked on the door, they would have made him wait in the tea room just like any other guest. "How…?"
"I came in through the window," He answered evenly. "Get dressed. I'll meet you outside in five minutes."

She had so many questions on her mind in that moment. How did he get through the Hyuga compound walls? How had he gotten inside her room? How come no one had seen him? What was he doing there? Had something happened to Naruto-kun? Was there an emergency going on? But she couldn't get an answer to any of them. She just stood up from the futon and got her jacket on and then took her sandals in her hands to put them on when she left the house. She took her backpack that she had already packed before bed and she started running down the halls of her house without having breakfast.

It was then she noticed it wasn't even dawn yet. Everyone in her house was sleeping and the nocturnal crickets were still singing. There wasn't any life in the Hyuga district at that hour, so she wondered exactly what time it was.

When she left to the main road she saw Sasuke standing against one of the wooden pillars, with the same expression he always had, barely illuminated by the street lights. He turned around as Hinata rubbed her eyes, still sleepy, hampered by her backpack.

"Uchiha-kun… uhmm… what's going on? Why do we have to leave at this hour?" She was really starting to get worried. Something told her there must have been a grave situation for Sasuke to take her out of bed in the middle of the night.

"We are going to train." He said without paying any more attention to her as he walked down the street. "Let's go."

"Whe-Where?" She asked confused.

"Konoha's memorial, where we took the test yesterday." He answered coldly. "Do you always ask so many questions? Hn." He stuck his hands inside his pockets. "And here I was thinking you were a quiet person."

"I'm very sorry." She apologized almost instinctively thinking Sasuke was going to get mad at her again. "What about Na-Naruto-kun?" Hinata asked. If they were going to train, didn't he have to be there as well?

"He didn't open the door when I knocked. I guess he's still sleeping." Sasuke frowned just remembering it. He didn't like to lose time and he felt that looking for Naruto to train had been just that, a waste of his time. "I left him a note, when he wakes up he'll join us."