Chapter 3

Daniel woke up screaming and scratching himself once again. Seeing his class get mauled by black dogs with vibrant green eyes is terrifying. Dogs tearing open his legs and eating the flesh inside, chewing on bone, and biting nerves. His screams after the dream would not stop for minutes, until he felt a hand touch his shoulder. He looked up to see Jane's face covered with tears. "Please don't be scared, it makes me sad," Jane asked him. He began to stop after she asked him. He saw her go back to the opposite corner and sit down. He sat there, looking at her, thinking of how this is possible. She had died, he had watched her burn in that fire, but here she is, keeping him company.
"So are you ready to start?" she asked Daniel.
"Start what?" he replied.
"Saving your mind," Jane answered. He nodded, still curious about how this was going to work. Suddenly, everything went black. Then the blackness became a field of fire and flame. The grass was grey and black, but covered by orange, yellow, and red by the inferno. Daniel could truly say he had walked through the valley of death. The flames in front of him turned purple and removed all traces of shrubs, it seemed to have made a path for him as the flames disappeared. He began to walk towards the path when the bottoms of his feet began to burn, he forgot he was barefoot. The ground was still very hot from the fire that was just burning on it a second ago. He continued his march on the path that was formed by fire. The path led to a giant circle that was obviously created by the purple flames since there was no trace of shrubbery here. Curious to why he was here, Daniel stepped into the circle and suddenly the whole field disappeared into the blaze of black fire which used to be the color of the sun. A shiver went up Daniel's spine, goosebumps began to rise on his arms, and his legs frozen in place. A dark cloud began to form in the middle of the circle and out came a figure in blue jeans and a black hoodie.
"Welcome to your imagination friend," the stranger said. His voice was low and raspy and he didn't seem too terrifying. "I am Roy, a demon you created in your mind," continued Roy.
"You don't look like very much," replied Daniel
"We'll see about that," Roy said as he gave Daniel a fearsome grin. The grin was scary for Daniel, but what was scarier was when the dude's eyes turned bright purple. A katana made a black iron appeared in Roy's hands and the blade then became engulfed in flames. Daniel's hands began to shake looking at the fearsome blade, but the longer he looked at it, the more powerful Roy looked. Daniel was about to start running when he saw Jane behind him just standing there. Daniel yelled, "Jane what the hell is that thing!?"
"He's a beast that you have created in your mind," Jane calmly replied. "I'll be dropping in a weapon in a few seconds, use it to kill that thing!" She was right a weapon did drop from the sky. It was a butter knife. Daniel rushed to grab the weapon of butter slaying and quickly thrusted it into Roy.
"OW, what the hell?!" Roy screamed. Daniel pulled the knife out of Roy and suddenly dropped the knife. The blood of the demon wasn't red, or black, or purple it wasn't even liquid. It was composed of fire ants. Daniel freaked out as he saw fire ants gush out of Roy's wound. Roy took advantage of Daniel's moment of shock and swung his katana at him. Roy screamed when he felt the pain of his arm being chopped off. He fell to his knees in front of Roy. "End of the line asshole," Roy said to a crippled Daniel. Daniel closed his eyes and waited for his inevitable death. Daniel felt something touching his neck, but it wasn't metal, it was soft and warm. Daniel opened his eyes to see Jane touching his neck and his arm growing back. She smiled at him once his arm had grown back all the way, but the smile quickly ended. There was a black flaming piece of metal that had gone right through her stomach. Her lifeless body fell in Daniel's knees. Daniel looked at her with tears in his eyes and hate grew in his heart knowing who had killed her. Daniel stood up and picked up the butter knife. "Oh how sweet, you're going to avenge the death of a figment of your imagination with a butter knife!" Roy said sarcastically. Roy laughed hysterically at Daniel. Daniel just stared at him with eyes of hatred, anger, and bloodlust. He rushed Roy and tackled him to the ground. Fear suddenly stopped laughing seeing the glint on the knife that was over his chest.
"You!" Daniel screeched. Daniel began stabbing the knife over and over into Roy's chest. "Need!" Daniel continued. Daniel dropped the knife and started punching Roy in the face. "To just!" Daniel continued once more. Daniel's fists suddenly burst in to flames as he punched Roy over and over again. "GO TO HELL YOU ASSHOLE!!" Daniel finished. Daniel's fists were quicker than lightning now as he continued to pound at Roy's skull. Daniel stopped once he saw Roy was dead and stood up over his body. He looked over and saw Jane laying in the dirt. He began to dig a grave for his lifeless friend who he loved dearly. He put her body softly into the hole and began to put dirt over her. He cried for what seemed like hours until he woke up back into the dark cell he called home. "I'm back to being alone I guess" Daniel said between his tears. He looked into the other corner where Jane had been and saw the blue body laying there with a hole through her stomach. He closed his eyes and cried some more. Once he was all out of tears he looked at his friend and was shocked to see what was there. He saw Jane, but she didn't look like some blue ghost anymore. There sat Jane looking almost as if she had never died and had grown up with him. She had pale skin with beautiful long light brown hair and magnificent blue eyes. She wore a t-shirt and jean shorts with long funny socks and tennis shoes.
"Daniel, you're never going to be alone again because I'm going to be here," Jane told him. She looked more lively than ever when she said that. "Get some sleep Danny, you've had a long day" Jane said. She was right and Daniel fell asleep a few minutes later.