Chapter 1

"Grrrrg," Daniel groaned, "five more minutes please." Daniel fought with his mother every morning about this topic. "You know you have to go to school Daniel," his mother calmly replied.
"The kids make fun of me though!" Daniel yelled. Daniel was six years old and had just started first grade, where as he said, kids made fun of him. He was a reject, a loser, and a weirdo in the eyes of society. He had different thoughts than the other kids, very different thoughts, they were...darker than the other kids' thoughts. He heard voices and saw strange hallucinations. He began to be called 'Creepy Daniel' by the children when one day in Kindergarten he saw a spider with the head of a baby say his name repeatedly until Daniel screamed at it. No one would believe that he saw these creatures, not even his own family.
"Sweetie I'm sorry that your friends are doing that, but you have to go to school," said Daniel's mother.
"They aren't my friends! They're a bunch of meanies!" yelled Daniel. His mother finally yanked the sheets off his bed and told him to be dressed in five minutes. Daniel stomped over to his closet and took down a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. When he got done dressing he walked out of his room and headed to the dining room to eat breakfast. He groggily shoved his spoon into his bowl of cereal and pulled it out and put the little black Os in his mouth. He was about to bite down when he realized something was tickling his tongue. He spit out the cereal and rubbed his eyes to see what was in his mouth, he wish he didn't. He saw dozens of baby spiders crawling around the table-all with heads of people he knew. "Run Daniel!" The spiders screamed. He sat there in fear watching spiders with the heads of friends, family, and strangers he's only seen tell him to run. Run from what though?
"Hey Danny could you help me with something in the kitchen?" His mother asked. Daniel rushed to help his mother whilst telling her about his hallucination, but he came in to a surprise. Eyes bulging, hair messy, and knife in hand Daniel's mother stared him down as he came in.
"Mommy why do you look so mad?" Daniel asked.
"I'm not mad Danny!" his mother yelled, "Mommy is just a little upset at something right now!"
"You can tell me mom," Daniel replied, "I love you and we are best friends so I'm always here for you."
"I'm angry at..." His mother said quietly, "your existence." Daniel watched as his mother, his best friend, and the only person he ever loved leap towards him with a knife in front. Daniel then started running as he felt the knife cut his shirt. During his sprint to the door, tears began to form in eyes from the recent betrayal. All he could think about was getting to that door right now, but as he kept running the door seemed to move farther away as the sounds of steps and laughter from his mother got closer and closer. He didn't dare turn around to see his mother chasing him with that humongous kitchen knife, but he couldn't help himself. "It" was not his mother, "It" had the body of his mother...and the head of a spider. He saw six other arms sprout out of her rib cage that were long and black. The most part though was when the thing laughed, it looked as if the thing's chest would explode and spew the dead organs of his former mother. He couldn't look any longer, it was too terrifying for him to look. When he turned around again the door seemed to be getting closer, but blood also began to ooze from the ceiling. Daniel was running out of breath, he had been playing this game of cat and mouse for what seemed like hours. Suddenly he ran right into the door and it hurt, but he knew being gutted alive would be worse. He yanked open the door and bless the heavens, the bus is here. He used his last bit of energy to sprint to his savior in the shape of a yellow automobile. As soon as he got in, the doors closed behind him and released him from this nightmare. He took a seat in the back and watched as his former house as he began moving. He saw something though, right before the house was out of sight he saw "It" wave at him and say, "Have a good day at school Danny!" Something was wrong with that, something had to be. No one else had noticed that the creature, that he had waved with a giant kitchen knife, and that he had sprinted here even though the bus was in no danger of moving. He began to get up and walk to the front of the empty bus, well...thought to be empty. He saw a kid he knew named Tom in the first row. "Hey Tom did you see what was out..." Daniel asked as he reached over to tap him. His skin was cold and he had no response to what he said or what he had done to him. "Tom?" Daniel asked over and over for a minute until Tom's head rolled over to face him. Daniel fell back in fear as he saw Tom's dead eyes look straight at him. He turned around to see the bus suddenly full of kids...the dead lifeless bodies of those kids at least. It was as if they all died from tuberculosis, blood was draining from their mouthes and all of them had those cold dead eyes fixated on him. He walked towards the bus driver and saw the scariest thing he had seen up to this date. His own decomposing body staring at him with blood red eyes and some black fluid pouring out of his mouth. Daniel stepped backwards toward the bus stairs where he fell and hit his head on the bus door just...looking at his own demon possessed body. The zombie-like Daniel reached for a button near the wheel and pressed it, suddenly Daniel's head hit the pavement of the sidewalk.
"Welcome to school Danny," the mysterious figure said. Daniel's head hurt from hitting the sidewalk and just wanted to forget this nightmare.
"No one calls me Danny except for my mom you turd-sniffer," Danny replied, "and she's dead so just shut up, I want to wake up and be done with all your stuff."
"Danny, open your eyes," the stranger ordered. He did as he was told and was about to give the stranger an icy stare, but his plan crumbled when he realized who stood above him. The thing that had taken his mother's body to kill him stood there looking at him with the knife in hand. "This isn't a nightmare Danny, it's your life now." When the knife pierced his skin, Daniel let out of scream. Blood had squirted out of the hole in his chest and right onto his face. The pain seemed to go on forever, the knife seemed to always find a new place to dig itself into. The thing began to laugh as it hurt him, not a normal laugh it sounded more like a hyena. He screamed and screamed, but no one would save him now. All he could do now was close his eyes and wait for his inevitable death. Daniel's real eyes now opened, the nightmare was over...kind of. He sat in the corner of a white padded room, where had lived ever since he was twelve, in his most comfortable straightjacket left to think. "I am Daniel Owens, I am fourteen years old, my home is here at Riverforts Psychiatric facility where because of budget cuts, I am forced to cure my own mental illness," Daniel muttered in his cell over and over until the fear had faded away. This was reality, that world where he was six and still with his mother was just his imagination. Daniel had to cure himself of his disease, there is no other way out of this prison. They fed him and kept him clean, but other than that he was on his own. Daniel was left to rot here and live in his never-ending nightmares until he beat his own mind. He knew he would would never beat it, so he laid back down and went to sleep. "Goodnight Danny," he told himself.