chapter 9

COSETTE

It's been almost a week since Anthony and I met again in the parking lot. Everything is going well. We haven't stopped texting each other non-stop and after his games, he would waste his time with me instead of partying with his friends.

I didn't know why he wanted to do that, honestly. Especially when after the team would win a good game, they go to a club and celebrate, but he'd reject them and hang out with me.

It's happened a few times now as he and I began to chat almost every day. Even when I was stuck on my homework, I call up Anthony and he comes into my dorm six minutes later.

As everything seemed a bit rushed-as I noticed-, I didn't want that to happen. I still needed to know more about the hockey player I've been spending quality time with.

I was scared that I'm going to get my heart broken. Especially with him. I mean he's perfect and patient. Every girl would want to be with him.

He's been nothing but caring and respectful. The guy I look forward to, with a great personality and a great human being-Anthony has it all.

I could tell I was slowly having feelings for him but I kept forcing myself to push them aside and decide what was best for me.

"Hey, Cos. Are you ok?" Liana shook the thoughts in my head away as she gently rubbed my shoulder, a small frown formed on her face.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. I'm ok. I'm just thinking about a few things." I shrugged and Liana hummed, crossing her arms together to her chest.

"Well, what happened?" She asked, dragging a chair in front of me and sitting down. I sighed and looked down at my hands, playing around with my fingernails.

"It's just..." I paused, glancing back up at Liana, swallowing nervously. "I like Anthony." I blurted out.

She quickly widened her eyes and a smile formed on her lips, knowing that she was happy for me. But the look on my face had slowly calmed her down; she knew something was wrong.

"What's wrong then?" She asked.

"I don't know how to tell him. I just met him the first time a week and a half ago and I know it's too early." I responded, rubbing my forehead in frustration.

"You don't have to tell him immediately, Cosette. Just wait until you know it's ready to tell him." She clarified, giving me a smile and I nodded my head in understanding.

Then, she stood up and let out a loud exhale.

"Where are you going?" I asked her.

"I'm gonna get food for us." She replied and I nodded, mumbling an 'ok'. She gave me a clarification that she was going to come back in fifteen minutes or more.

She exited our dorm and I was left alone in the room, staring at the ground, frozen in my spot. Memories of Anthony appeared in my head and a smile slowly crept on my lips as I thought of him.

Suddenly, a knock was heard and I snapped out of it. I stood from my chair and came to open the door, a huge figure hovering over my small height.

"Hey, Cosette," Anthony said with a smile.

I was surprised. What was he going here? At university? Nevertheless, the smile dancing on my lips never left-it only widened, even more, when I saw Anthony in front of me.

"Hi. What are you doing here?" I stuttered carefully, slightly frowning as I glanced at him in confusion.

He exhaled. "I just came to talk to you." And said. I raised my brows in surprise.

I closed the door behind myself and leaned against the door with his huge figure standing near me.

"About what?" I replied, crossing my arms together against my chest. He snaked his hand across his hair for a split moment and cleared his throat as if something was bothering him.

"Can I take you out on a date?"