Hunger

Ivy is woken up by the call of birds and the sun beginning to light up the clearing. It was weird. She didn't have eyes but somehow her vision would still darken as if she was closing eyes. It was the strangest sensation. She stares through the grass as she stays curled up, not even bothering to answer her growling stomach. She didn't want food. She didn't want anything except her babies. Tears streak down her cheeks from some place on her face and she hiccups softly as she continues to mourn the loss of her children. She just wanted them back! That's all! She just wanted them back! Was being reunited with her family truly too much for her to ask?! She curses the creator's name in her head even if she does pray for forgiveness before sleeping again.

She stays where she's at for three days, refusing to move for anything. She's woken up by the sudden smell of bacon, shooting up and looking around her in confusion. She sets her bottles in a safe place with her suitcase before she enters the trees, smoke filtering through and gaining her attention. She does her best to be silent as she follows the smoke and the smell. She comes to a small clearing where breakfast was cooking, her mouth watering at the smell. She could hear kids playing in the distance and parents calling for them, quickly getting a plate of food before she disappears into the trees again. She stole as much as she could fit on the plate. She felt bad for not leaving anything in return but she figured it would be okay.

She gets back 'home' and sits down, bringing a piece of bacon to her face before she stops. She......didn't have a mouth? How the hell was she supposed to eat?! If she starved it would be the creator's fault! He made a stupid system! She yells in frustration but it feels weird. She hadn't realized it in her despair with Morana but how the hell did she talk?! She had no mouth! Again, she felt like she did but she didn't feel one! Did she just absorb stuff? She snorts at the absurdity but grabs a piece of bacon, she darkens her vision and brings the bacon where a mouth would be, the sound of hearing flesh loud in her head. Her vision snaps back into focus and she slaps a hand to her cheek. If she had eyes they would be wide with shock, her hand feeling the mouth that had suddenly appeared on her 'face'. She closes the mouth and the skin goes smooth as if it fuses back together.

She repeats this weird sensation a couple times before finally eating her how cold food. She expects it to stuff her but she gets no such sensation. She was still starving! Maybe she was thirsty? She checks on her girls before dishing out a canteen from her bag. If the witch's tale was true then maybe she could go to different places. She lets her vision darken and takes a deep breath before stepping into the trees. She looks around a moment before she follows the sudden sound of running water, a waterfall coming into view. She hurries to the water and fills her canteen. She drinks until she throws the water back up but her stomach still doesn't feel satisfied.

Why was nothing working?! She fills her canteen and returns to the clearing, deciding she'd try and hunt. Shouldn't be too hard right? She grabs a knife from her bag and goes searching for an animal to eat. She finds a rabbit and tries to get close but it would flee as soon as it saw her. Deer were way too big and she definitely wanted to avoid a bear. How the heck was she supposed to catch food?! She had no idea how to hunt and never bothered to ask her husband about how it worked. He wouldn't have told her anyway but she wished she had picked up a book on it. Thankfully, her unsuccessful attempts are rewarded! She find a deer carcass and it looked fresh! She uses her knife and quickly cuts some of the meat from the deer before whatever killed it came back, thanking nature for the meal before she hurries back to her clearing.

She gets some sticks and leaves before using rocks to clear out a small part of the clearing so she could make a fire. Thankfully she had read a book or two on camping! She gets a pit made and uses a match to light the fire, cooking some of the deer meat. Once she's sure it's done she devours it, but she still isn't satisfied. She looks at the rest of the raw meat in disgust for a moment, groaning softly. She had to eat it raw didn't she? She opens her mouth and takes a bite of the raw meat. To her surprise it didn't actually taste bad, it was just chewy! She takes a few bites but still isn't satisfied.