Odasaku, Away From The Rain (BSD)

Characters: Oda Sakunosuke, Dazai Osamu

Warning(s): Spoilers for Bungou Stray Dogs: BEAST

---------------------------

Odasaku watched Dazai climb up the steps with confused and furrowed eyebrows, each footstep tapping against the polished stone steps, and each tap resounding down into the empty and quiet bar. He went up the steps not in any way urgent, rather, he almost sagged up the steps, almost as if he didn't want to leave just yet, as if he wanted to turn back and just talk and talk, gun be damned, as if he were a starved and abandoned dog on the street, begging to be let go and die.

Odasaku watched with eyes soft and understanding and permanently wondering, a frown etched on his face. He followed the sound of Dazai's footsteps, even if he was staring at the brick wall colored gold by the soft lights. He pictured that man looking down at his feet, harboring a newfound interest in the ground smudged with dirt.

Odasaku listened to the sound of a door creaking opening with a hand lingering on his gun, and spent a long while just listening to the rain that had at some point began to pour. He pictured that man standing in the doorway, back turned and staring at nothing with eyes aphotic, allowing for nothing to swim or swirl in them, or at least not anything visible. Not anything noticeable and lively.

Odasaku knew the door shut because the sound of the rain ceased, and he was left wondering how that door sounded. He pictured that boy walking in the rain and avoiding umbrellas, because at least he could let the rain cry for him.

Odasaku sighed, and idly wondered how long he was friends with Dazai.