Happening.

I cant so this... first I get a job at a deranged pizzeria were these suits hunt me at night and threaten to stuff me into one so I can join all the past night guards and their spirits, praying I don't have a roomie and instead possess the suit on my own, and now I find out my best friend is missing, and that she has done something "stupid".

I scoff as I let my drenched frame fall onto my bed, not even caring that Im soaking my sheets through. I had no energy left to give a fuck. No energy left to comprehend what was happening.

My best friend was missing...

But she had nowhere to go? The only place she had was with me, but when she moved out she relinquished that. She sold her life away. What of it now? She has nowhere to go.

Nowhere.

So where did she go?

She had nowhere to go, she couldn't have gone anywhere!

I groan and roll over, letting my face greet my nightstand. A picture of me and Tabitha greets me.

Her beautiful long, jet-black hair was glimmering around her petite, tanned form as she stood in front of the beach, the sea crashing into the bronzed sand hungrily. I stood next to her, my arm looped across her shoulder, my H/L, H/C hair ruffled and eye bags prominent. I always wished I was Tabitha, or at least, I was as beautiful and confident as her. She was beautiful, in every aspect.

"Oh Tabitha, where have you gone..."

I just sat there, running my eyes over every aspect of her for a while. Every little dip and curve in her body, every imperfection the camera picked up. I looked at the white and purple striped sun hat she wore that cast a shadow over her eyes, and the beach ball she had gripped in between her hip and arm. Everything.

And I already felt myself miss her. She had just moved out, and I had missed her, but now it was worse...

She was missing, so the police say, how could I not miss her?

Sighing, I shove my face into the blankets of my bed and just lay there, hopelessly. I let my body slack from its tensed position and I allow the oxygen to be robbed of me as the warmth of the blankets and sheets devour me.

Eventually, I get my weak legs to carry me to my kitchen so that I can make some food. A package of ramen, a coke, and a bag of Chips. Real healthy.

I tap my fingers off the counter as I wait for the ramen to cook, glancing at the time. 2:00Am, and I have work tomorrow.

I sigh, swooping my hair up out of my eyes and positioning it behind my ears. I wish everything would just stop. That it would go away.

The one person who loved and cared for me was missing.

I could die at my job any minute and I'm bound to it by contract.

I legally can't do shit, I'm bound to my death.

I feel like scoffing at my predicament, it's ironic the one person who I love and care about who actually recuperates these feelings got me into this. Tabitha got me into this. And that's ironic. She's missing too, now.

Maybe this is all tied together.

I want to laugh at the thought though. That's ridiculous.

Suddenly I'm aware my ramen is ready and I move to grab a bowl for it, but am quickly interrupted by a sweaty palm slithering it's way across my mouth, clamping itself tightly around it, and shoving me backwards. I fall into someone's arms as I'm dragged backwards into the shadows, and I'm suddenly thrown on the bed, hand still around my mouth.

I scream, but it's muffled by the hand, and soon the scream is exchanged for a gasp as I see who it is.

Tabitha.

"Shhh! Quiet. I don't have much time." She mutters hastily, her speech sort of slurred as she tumbled over her words in an effort to speak out her rushed speech. She glanced around quickly as if looking to make sure no one was listening, before her beautiful eyes met mine.

She let go of my mouth, and I gasp.

"Tabitha!"

"I said quiet you dumbass!"

I nod, quickly feeling guilty.

"Look, I have to go. I cant stay here, I don't have much time, I-" she ran her hand through her hair before she looked away.

"I met some people, some nice people... they are going to help me get out of this." Her speech got more and more rushed as she went on, and I feel a nervousness burn in my stomach.

"Help you get out of wh-"

"I did something, something bad... something stupid. I have to go. But Y/N..."

She looks at me and I see her eyes burn with determination, and the love she held for me.

"As soon as your contract is up get the fuck away from that pizzeria, cut your hair, get a tattoo, do whatever you need to do."

She glanced around again, and I suddenly hear a loud bang echo out throughout the apartments.

"They are here."

"Whos-"

"Listen to the records Y/N!" She exclaimed, and then I feel a sharp pain in my hand, she slapped it, hard, and then she rushed out, hopping out my window. I rush after her, but I see her sprint down the street far faster than I could, and I'm left with the cold, harsh realization I have to let her go...

And I realize she left me with something, something in my hand.

Looking down, I see a slip of paper with a set of numbers. A name. A time. A date. And a sentence.

Scott,
12:30am
May 15th
Records are the key.