Ch.36 - Not Warned But Aware

Start from the beginning

Flattening down her sleeves from previously rigid hands, she approaches. "Hey stranger."

Robert visibly has to tear his eyes away from the page, an easy child like wonder gracing his face, brightening his eyes as they rest on her. "Hey yourself."

"Whatchya reading?" Finding herself seated opposite of Robert, one foot tucked under the other, knees bent into her chest. Legs close to his in the small aisle but not touching.

He swiftly flips the cover to her viewing pleasure, speaking along with her drifting eyes, "The History Of Lymphatic Diseases."

A perfect 'o' shaping her mouth. "Very nice."

He grins, showing off his pearly whites. "Thanks to my older brother, I'm a bit of a history buff of anything and everything. That along with other things." He looks like he wants to snatch the flow of words from his mouth, not intending the insinuation, but she calms him.

Gently teasing him with a soft bump of her foot against his.

He settles, huffing out before that bit of mischief leaches back into his system. "And your book," pointedly looking at her empty grip. "Is it MIA? Or just taking a short break?" Raising a brow, lip quirking into a developing smirk.

The simple act filling her fluttering chest with butterflies. Trying to shake it away to give a proper tainted sweet response. "Well I was searching for comics but, you know, I got distracted." Eyes brashly meeting his chocolate dipped rings.

A tilt of his chin, book resting on his knees, "So it's my fault? Is that what I'm hearing Miss Joseph?" Nothing but play in his tone.

Brows raised, and lips thinning in a way that said 'sorry to say but yep' as her retort.

The brown haired man tsk's, the air between them heavy as it shifts to the opposites shining red lips.

Conscious that they are somewhere very public, she drags her attention to the shelves lined against her back, quick to snatch whatever is there, not all that interested in the biomechanics of vegetation but nonetheless it stole her attention away from pressing a deep kiss to Roberts lips.

Not that he thought to do the same--looking away that is. She could almost physically feel the weight--the intensity of his gaze trailing her features. Her stubbornly blood filled ears not exactly hiding the fact that she knew he was doing so.

She not even visibly seeing the printed words less than five inches from her face, too caught up in thoughts and feelings--of this new want for Roberts touch that was more than just warmth. As if deciding now was the time to come to those delicious decisions.

A stirring fact that she knew what his touch pressed to hers felt like, how it made her feel like she was gracing the tops of powdery white clouds, and yellow beams of sunshine.

A new concept dug out from under layers and layers of mud in her mind. The thought for more she had never had, especially not these last few months, felt the need for. Not for, well. Not for, for... S-s-sex, but closer, to just--step up the level they sat on. She was feeling... Brave and the rush of heat gathering from the core of her chest as she listens to Robert shifting, knowing he's so close, so warm and safe, all that, does nothing to slow her building courage on really tasting those lush pouting lips.

"There's uh," his rusty voice tinged with that low shaking vibrato, of course her eyes locking with his as she peers at him, unwavering. "The comics you said you were looking for," Nodding to the long stretching hall of books. "They're down at the end, to the right."

Her brows knit together as she stares off down the darker space.

"Unless you're enjoying learning about plants and weeds."