Jaxon

"What the fuck Jax! She wasn't supposed to get hurt like this!" Ezra yelled at me as we ran to our parents.

"She wasn't supposed to get physical with him until after we got the witch to block the pain. She was only supposed to make her think it was going to happen. What pisses me off is she didn't have to use the potion." He froze.

"You're saying, that bastard did all of this, willingly" I nodded my head and we started running. I have never been so scared. I really almost lost her. I need to re-think this plan. Her face, her beautiful face, filled with so much pain and despair, is going to haunt me for the rest of my life. We busted into the common room on the Royal floor, the fifth floor.

"What's happened?" Cat asked.

"We need the witch, now. Elyse gave us two hours or she's going to kill herself." Ezra rushed. My dad was on the phone the minute it came out of Ezra's mouth. Our mom's gasped.

"She doesn't want to go through the pain again. I might have to compel the mental and emotional pain. She said that she's unwanted and unloved." The pain was evident in my voice.

"And Jax told me that he's doing this willingly. Connie didn't use the potion. Oh, and before this shit storm hit, she said she's willing to try to get to know us." His mom started crying, happy tears of course.

"Her friends aren't going to let her come alone." Ezra pointed out.

"Let them come." Everyone looked at me. "If they don't trust us then she won't either."

"Okay, I'll go get them." Ezra said as he ran out of the door. I walked over to the mini-bar and poured me a glass of whiskey. I downed it and poured another. I downed that one, then looked at our parents.

"This is wrong. I'm wrong. I'm causing her pain. I don't want to be the one hurting her."

"Son, you saw what happened when he found out that she's the princess. He was going to leave her. If he truly loved her then finding out who she is wouldn't have mattered." My dad said. I guess he has a point. Just then a portal opened and the witch stepped out.

"Well, you guys are lucky I wasn't sleeping." She said. Ezra walked in with Elyse and her friends. They looked worried.

"Will this hurt her?" One of the girls, Kaydence, I think, asked.

"No, it is painless. I do need to warn you that this only numbs your pain. The bond will still be there, so you will still be drawn to him. Oh, and it's your pain only. It doesn't numb his." She told them.

"Good." All of them said. My poor Elyse, she looked so broken.

"Let's get this over with, please." She said. The witch went over to her and put her hand on the mark, and chanted some words then backed up. "That's it?"

"That's it. Now you don't have to worry about that pain anymore. It might just be because I'm a petty bitch but you go have some fun. If you catch my drift." She blushed the brightest red, it was cute.

"Thank you."

"It's no problem hun. It's kind of my specialty. I'm not a fan of guys for this reason." She said then walked into the portal.

"Elyse, do you want me to make you forget the pain still?" I asked her as I walked towards her.

"No, I want to remember. I won't learn if I forgot." I nodded. "But, if it gets too bad, I'll find you." I stared in awe of her. "I know you want us to get to know each other, but can we start tomorrow? I'm exhausted."

"Of course dear, we understand." Her mom said with a smile.

"Thank you, for everything tonight. Good-night." They all said good night.

"Wait. We will walk you guys down." I said and looked at Ezra.

"Yeah, come on." We all walked in silence until we got to their rooms. They all said goodnight and we walked Elyse to her door, she stopped in front of it and turned towards us.

"Thank you for tonight. I'm sorry for the trouble and I promise, I'll be the normal me tomorrow." Ezra opened his mouth to say something, but she wrapped her arms around him, she gave him time to let it sink in that she was hugging him. He hugged her back and he was smiling so big. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy.

"Good-night." He said as he backed up.

"Good-night Elyse." I said and bowed my head. I started to walk away with Ezra when she stopped me.

"Jaxon, wait please." She walked up to me. She looked at me with those gorgeous eyes. "Thank you for earlier." She leaned in and kissed my cheek. "Good-night" She turned around and I watched as she closed her door. I touched the spot she kissed and I almost stopped breathing. I was frozen to my spot until Ezra elbowed me.

"Come on Romeo, you'll see her tomorrow." We walked back upstairs and to our rooms. I couldn't stop thinking about how her lips felt against my skin. I laid in bed, tossing and turning. My thoughts going from her lips to wanting to sneak in her room, just to make sure she isn't crying and that she is okay. My want won in the end. I climbed down from my balcony to her window. It was open so I just climbed through. I walked over to her bed, some of her hair was in her face, I lightly tucked it behind her ear. No tears, good. She looked like a perfect angel sleeping. Something on top of the headboard caught my attention. The rose I brought her. That made me smile. I took one more look at her before I walked back to the window. I was about to climb out when I froze.

"Good-night Jaxon." She didn't say anything else so I climbed out of the window. Hopefully, she doesn't remember that in the morning. I fell asleep with her saying my name in my mind.