One (1) - Just His Friend

Start from the beginning

Y/n gulped. She scoffed and looked away from Jean. I want to be with you. "I just want to....And becoming an MP is not a bad idea...I get to live a confortable life in the interior..." with you... "That's my reason." Y/n said.

Jean's lips curved up into a cocky smirk. "That's what I thought! We really are best friends! We both want to live comfortably!" Jean said.

Y/n's lips quirked.

Best friends...yeah...that's what we are. Y/n thought.

She just let Jean with his happy reasoning of wanting to become a military police. After all, seeing him happy and excited, makes her happy and excited, too.

If you'll join the MPB, I'll join, too. If you'll join the Garrison, I'll join, too. If you join the survey corps, I'll join, too.

Wherever you go, I'll follow you.

Because I don't want to be away from you. I'll follow you, Jean. I will protect you. I will take care of you.

I will only leave you, if you tell me to.

Their breakfast was served. Jean kept on talking about his plans after he graduates in the military and joins the MPB. Y/n only listened to him while she's eating her breakfast.

She loves listening to Jean, even if he says the most nonsense shit ever. Even if he says the most dumb things, she'll whole-heartedly listen to him

Also, because she loves hearing Jean's voice. Especially when he talks about himself, his dreams and when he rants to her. But she loves it even more when he calls her name.

"Y/n, do your best to get into the top 10, okay? So we can graduate together with a top and join the military police brigade." Jean said.

Y/n smiled. "Mhm..." she hummed and nod her head. Y/n just looked at her plate. She pout a bit upon realizing that she already finished her bread.

Her brows shot-up when Jean suddenly put his bread on her plate. She looked at Jean and was about to protest but..."I'm not that hungry." Jean said and just ate his omelette.

Y/n didn't protest anymore. She smiled and picked up Jean's bread. She happily took a big bite on it.

"Thank you, Jean-boy!" Y/n said.

Jean frowned. "Stop calling me that!"

"Okay, Jean-boy!" Y/n said.

Jean frowned even more. He snatched his bread back from Y/n making Y/n to laugh. The bread's already half. He put it all inside his mouth making Y/n frown. "You gave it to me already!"

Jean rolled his eyes as he continuesly chewed on his bread then swallowed it. "It's your fault. You called me by that lame, gross nickname." Jean said.

Y/n's mouth slight-opened. "Lame? Gross? I think it's cute. Especially your mother was the one who gave you that nickname!" Y/n said.

Jean let out a small groan. "Just shut up and eat your food." Jean said.

Y/n smirked and shook her head.

He's a mama's boy. Y/n thought.

"By the way...what did your father said about you joining the military?" Jean asked.

Y/n who was just about to drink on her coffee suddenly stopped. She stared at her cup and then sighed.

"You know how he is...he likes to decide for me. Of course, he wasn't happy about it. That old man wants me to follow my mother's footsteps as a musician, but his daughter became a rebellious kid who suddenly wanted to join the military and disobeyed his orders. Heh...he told me to never come home again." Y/n calmly said.