Jennie stood up and dusted her clothes.

"Thanks, but could you mind where you're going," Jennie said and finally looked up to find a woman she'd never seen before, at least not on the campus grounds.

The girl was panting. And her face went from worried to annoyed in seconds.

"Excuse me?" She said.

"Yea like, watch where you're going the next time," Jennie said

"Wow, well last time I checked, the track is for running. Unless I missed a sign that said it's for strolling" the girl replied snarkily.

Jennie couldn't believe the nerve of this girl.

"Okay missy, maybe you're new around here, but track practice happens during school hours," Jennie said, stepping into the woman's personal space.

"This is pointless. You're wasting my time" the girl said, and ran ahead, continuing her sprint on the track.

Jennie huffed. Who did she think she was?!

She quickly put her bag on and went to the bleachers. In a matter of minutes, Irene and Jisoo joined her, looking freshly bathed after their football practice.

"What's up with you?" Irene asked Jennie as she sat on a lower bench before her and took her phone out to text Seulgi.

"Nothing" Jennie replied, her face buried in the newest novel she was reading.

"Okay..." Irene replied, noticing that Jennie was in a bad mood and maybe she shouldn't push to ask why.

"Your boy just texted me, Jennie," Jisoo said, checking her phone too.

It got Jennie to look up from her book.

"We're partying tonight, guys!" Jisoo said, looking ecstatic.

That evening, Jennie was on her 2nd peg of whiskey standing by the bar. She had been dancing all night with Jisoo, Kai, Irene, and Seulgi, but then Kai began to get really touchy out there and while she usually enjoys his affection, she wasn't in the mood for it right now.

She watched a couple of girls enter through the door of the bar and find their seats on the other side, and her attention was drawn to one particular brunette, with short hair. Jennie smiled to herself and made her way back to her friends. She got close to Jisoo and whispered.

"Got you a hook-up for tonight"

"What? Come on Jennie, I don't need another fling. I'm just tired of this whole soulmate shit"

"Hey, give yourself a break, don't take all of this so seriously. Tonight can just be fun if you let it. Look, they're a bunch of girls, seem to be about our age, and I have a feeling you'll like the one with the short hair... go!" Jennie said, pushing her in the direction of the girls.

"Fine!" Jisoo huffed and walked confidently towards where Jennie signaled her.

Jennie was beginning to feel pretty claustrophobic here on the dance floor, people were crowding up the space to dance and she really needed some air. She considered letting Irene know she was stepping out for a smoke, but then decided she'd finish one in the same time it would take for Irene to hear what she was saying over loud music.

She was almost done smoking when she received a text from Jisoo.

"Jackpot," it said. Jennie laughed. Glad that at least Jisoo would have fun tonight. Jennie threw the butt of her cigarette down, stamped over it, and walked back in, making her way through the crowd, when suddenly she felt cold liquid rolling down her back, wetting her t-shirt and jacket.

"What the fuck!" Jennie exclaimed as she turned around, and was faced with the back of a woman who was holding 2 glasses in her hand, looking towards the other side, seemingly cursing at the person who pushed her.

"Fuckin idiots, man!" she finished as she turned towards Jennie, and while Jennie had a couple of words she wanted to throw at her, her attention was mildly stuck on the little cleavage before her. The woman was just a few inches taller than her.

"I'm so..." the woman began to say and Jennie looked up to her eyes.

That's when Jennie registered the face. The woman looked familiar.

"You!" Jennie said, her face going from amused to annoyed.

"Ah, the stroller," the woman said, sizing her up with her eyes "What? You've made it your life's mission to be in my way?"

"What? You spilled your drink all over me and you're making this my fault?" Jennie argued

"Listen, I was pushed. The drinks spilled. You can't possibly make that my fault."

"God! I really don't wanna deal with this right now" Jennie said.

"Same," the woman said and walked away. Jennie took a moment to watch where she was headed. And she couldn't help her eyes from wandering, observing what the woman was wearing. Tight Leather pants that hugged her butt well, a leather jacket over a white t-shirt.

She had to give it to her, she was fit, must be the running. Jennie had to stop with the oogling when she realized, the woman had joined Shorthair girl and Jisoo at their table. WHAT! NO!

She quickly texted Jisoo, "Abort mission! Abort mission!" and looked over to the dance floor to go find her friends.

Jisoo caught up with her and asked "What happened, what's the problem?"

"Chu, forget about her. She's bad company!"

"What? You haven't even met her"

"But I've met her friend. And she's an ass." Said, Jennie

"Who? Rosé?" Jisoo asked.

"If that's her name. Ms. Leather Weather."

Jisoo laughed. "God! Jen, I don't know how you can make these assumptions about people. Rosé seems nice. Really kind, and smart, and she seems to be excited for Lisa that someone came over to buy her a drink. She looks out for her clearly."

"Whatever, I still think this Rosé's all trouble and nothing more"

"Well good thing, I'm not sleeping with Rosé tonight, just her friend Lisa."

"Short hair, right?"

"Yep," said Jisoo, lifting her glass up to Jennie and walking back towards where Lisa, Rosé and another woman with dark blonde hair was sitting.

"Rosé," Jennie said the name to herself. And then pressed her lips tight in annoyance and went to get herself another drink. She should also probably go to the washroom and wipe the cool liquid that was coating her tattoo right now.

When Jennie was making her way out of the club that night, with Kai's arm wrapped around her waist and his lips trying hard to kiss her cheeks, her ear, her neck until their cab showed up, she checked her texts to find Jisoo's message.

"OMW to Lisa's. Leather Weather asked about you. ;)"

__________________________________

Credit to the right Owner of this Book, you can find them with this name on Ao3, clexa_is_endgame47.