4.

<3 <3 <3

<3 <3 <3

𝕶𝖆𝖟 𝖍𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖉 how she easily tricked everyone and manipulated them, he hated how she flirted with everyone and got them on their knees, for the same reason he had. They both are the same, manipulative, obsessed with revenge and money but the only problem left is; they despise each other. She was the devil's daughter and he was the bastard of the barrel and them liking each other will never be good for their lives, title, aesthetic, and power they hold.

Now there they all were, in Dreesen cellar, in front of a guy sitting in a chair. "Who's this?" Kaz finally spoke from beside her as she rolled her eyes, he stole her words from her mouth and it irritated her. "So you don't know everything after all." snickering beside him Delaney shot him a look while wiggling her eyebrows, Kaz didn't enjoy it either, "This..." Dreesen spoke while taking off the bag that covered the guys head before continuing his words, "is Alexei Stepanov" the poor guy seemed so exhausted as he gasped in fear, she could tell by his face that he didn't drink water ever since Dreesen captured him and it gave her goosebumps, Kaz on left examined at him with no emotion written in his face.

"Two weeks ago, young Alexei here crossed through the Fold on foot. Alone." not believing his words one single bit, Delaney let out a scoff as she laughed dryly, there is no way in hell someone crossed the fold alone. As far as her memories could reach, she also crossed the Fold alone and was about to get killed by those ugly monsters, and that was the reason why she understood what he was feeling right now. "And how is that, may I ask?" her voice was filled with venom as she turned her attention toward the man beside her with Inej grabbing her arm slowly.

"Well, they're keeping it quiet but allegedly he was one of the few witnessed to...an event" now that, got Kaz's attention as he turned to face him, Delaney watched as he poured water on his cup, the weak voice of the poor guy echoed around the room as the black-haired girl immediately snatched the cup away from his hand before making her way toward Alexei who stared at her in hope and wonderment. Inej death glared at Dreesen behind before following her best friend.

Making Inej Ghafa and Delaney Raven mad was the last thing you want to do in your life, well, if you also want to get stabbed plenty of times, here is what to do.

"What kind of event?" Kaz watched as Delaney slowly yet gently placed the cup between Alexei's dry lips as she helped him drink the blissful water her hand under his chin if a drop fell, maybe there was a little kindness in her cruel heart after all. "I know an expedition was swarmed by volcra, should've been a total loss, but something happened" Kaz couldn't tear his gaze away from the two girls as he listened carefully to his words, taking in every single piece of information in his mind.

"Some device detonated. Obliterated the volcra, lit up the dark like a forest fire. I know it wasn't a fire or else no one would have survived. This was some invention no one had seen before, he knows." Delaney could clearly remember her mother words when they were in the ship crossing the fold, a rule her mother always repeated, 'don't turn on the fire' or else it would attract the monsters, being the good kid she was, Delaney listened to her mother's words just like she always did and didn't use her Grisha powers, that was until the moment came, a volcra came and snatched her mother away and she had to save her.

But only made the situation worse than it already was.

"He knows, but he doesn't seem to be able to articulate his account of events, some form of traumatic lapse" Alexei didn't care about Dreesen pointing at him but only stared at the girl who grasped the cup around her hand tightly to the point where he could see a crack forming, focusing back on her angelic face Alexei heart slowly calmed down, Kaz side-eyed the heartrender before nodding toward the guy as both the girls got up backing away slowly, Alexei gripping Delaney's hand in panic as the girl stared at him with wide eyes before sitting back down on the ground "calm down, Alexei, she's a heartrender you can talk to her, don't panic" she whispered to him before nodding reassuringly, Alexei didn't even know her name nor know why he grabbed her hand.

"You're safe, now you can speak and I will just listen" Milana spoke with a smile as Delaney got up backing slowly away not breaking eye contact, she didn't even know where she was backing away until she bumped into something behind her, a hard chest. Turning around hurriedly the black-haired girl gasped while staring straight into his eyes frozen in place, their bodies brushing slightly both their stomachs twisting. Kaz wasn't able to move, it was something like an explosion of energy within, and what could he do just to watch her embarrassed and apologetic face as he backed away.

Both the teenagers standing five feet away from each other still trying to overlook the moment that just happened, Kaz shaking his thoughts away and Delaney turning to face Inej in embarrassment, her ears slowly turning red avoiding eye contact with Kaz.

Both their bodies surprisingly seemed to be warm against each other, it felt like they had done this a thousand times before which never happened cause; A) They hate each other, B) It is the first time she got close to his body, and C) she rather kill herself knowing his haphephobia. Jesper glanced at Inej with a smile before pointing at the two embarrassed teenagers who tried so hard not to look at each other, Kaz slowly turned his head to check if Delaney is still alive and couldn't help but let the corners of his mouth slide upwards smirking cruelly at the sight of her red ears, his eyes sparkling as he muttered to himself "Witch"

Delaney of course heard him since she shot him a glare, her embarrassment vanishing away and replaced with anger "don't call me that, bastard!" she exclaimed harshly in a whisper not to scare the heart render and Alexei as they both got back to their bickering.