(Yes Ammi?)

"Naashta toh theek se karke jao," she said, approaching him.

(Have your breakfast properly)

"Nahi, Ammi. Kisi aur din kar lunga." The finality in his tone was evident as he turned around and rushed out of the house.

(No, Ammi. Some other day)

There were tears in Fardeen's eyes as she heard the engine rev and speed out of their house. Wiping the tears off from the corner of her eyes, she looked up in despair.

Pehle mera beta sirf akela tha aur ab jab uski humsafar ne bhi saath chod diya, usne apne aap ko iss jahan se hi alag kar diya. Ya mere khudaya, uske dil pe phir se kisi ki dastak hojaye. Iss jahan ko phir se woh apna le, she mumbled, praying for the umpteenth time.

(First my son was only lonely. But now when his better half is also gone, he has cut himself from this world. Ya Allah, please bring someone to his life)

~ * ~

"Call me after you're done," Rayyan instructed as Yumna was about to get out of the car.

"Yes, bhai," as she opened the door of the car and was about to get out, he stopped her again.

"And Yumi," he spoke

She looked back at him. "Hmm?"

"If you don't feel like it, just call me up." Yumna looked at her brother who was tense at her new beginning. First time always makes you nervous, Yawar had once said.

Taking a deep breath, she spoke, "This is it, Bhai." Understanding, Rayyan didn't say anything further.

After bidding farewell to her brother, she entered the premises of the Khan Industries. Everything about that place screamed extravagant. No wonder why it was one of the top companies in the country.

Sighing, she headed straight to the reception and approached the lady sitting behind the desk.

"Hello," she greeted the lady, "I am Yumna Yawar. I have come for a job interview for the Project Manager position." she said, slipping the call letter to her.

Taking a glance at the call letter she said, "Yes Mrs. Yawar. Your interview is scheduled in the next twenty minutes which will be taken by our CEO since he will be following the project closely. Please proceed to the waiting room on the first floor. You will be called shortly." Muttering a brief thanks, Yumna proceeded to the waiting room.

She followed the directions to the waiting room and sat there. Three more girls were there, who looked like fresh graduates. Her heart was beating a bit too fast, and her hands were clammed up in sweat. This was not her first job interview but it felt like one since it was a long time that she had given an interview.

The lavender scent of the waiting room brought her a sense of ease.

One by one, the girls were called in and Yumna's anxiousness had increased. "Mrs. Yumna Yawar, you're next." a lady called out. Taking the almighty's name, she knocked twice and then entered the interview room. She had walked in with the soul of a kitten, no matter how many times she had chimed herself to be the sher. The CEO was sitting on the chair with his back faced towards her.

"Good Morning Sir!" she gracefully greeted and waited for him to respond.

When the chair swiveled, Yumna finally saw him, shock taking over her. It was the man from that night!

Zaviyar, the name was. A name she couldn't forget. The person who shared the same pain as her. The one who lost his newly wedded wife that day. They were together the whole night in the hospital, with no words exchanged, but still together enough to give each other comfort even in the moments of tragedy until their family arrived.