2💝

Tabah hokar tabahi nahi dikhti,

Yeh ishq hai hazoor iski koi davaai nahi bikti

A year later

Yumna folded her prayer mat as she was done with her Fajr prayer. The window of her bedroom was open as she looked out. The sky was still dark and the whole world was sleeping in peace. Except for her.

Keeping back the mat in the cupboard, she laid back on the bed. The photo of her and Yawar from their honeymoon was still there on the bedside table near her and today she had managed to not look at it.

Because if she looked at it, she would cry to sleep again. She looked down at her small baby lying on the bed, protected by the pillows. Her hands caressed the tip of her son's head. He was the only one that was keeping her sane.

He was the only one that was giving her the reason to live. After all, their child was the symbol of their love.

Even though she was going through a rough patch, her faith had not moved from her Allah. She could not feel anymore thankful to him for this nemat, her baby, Hamza, still trying to believe that it was destiny. It was destiny that he provided her with a life again when he took one.

Her back ached, so she laid back more comfortably, pulling the comforter over her.

Looking towards the open window, she could still see the stars and feel the cool breeze that made her cold. It's been four months and three days with you, she wanted to say.

She closed her eyes and memories of Yawar came like a slideshow. She had teared up, again.

She cried herself to sleep, yet again.

~ * ~

Empty.

That's what Zaviyar Ahmed Khan felt all the time. There was no comfort left inside of him. It was as if life had sucked all the emotions out of him. He had become wretched and cold after all that happened.

For hours he would have no emotion, only an urge to move fast; then all at once he would be on the floor, shaking with a grief that bled from his bones.

He glanced at their picture that they had taken on their wedding day. The day she died. He couldn't do anything but blame himself for it.

If only he hadn't booked their honeymoon right away.

His alarm rang, indicating it was the time for Fajr. But, he did not pray. For he had lost his faith in the almighty. He tried to sleep but that did not help as it only brought haunting memories all.

The incident was still fresh in his memory.

He still remembered that they had the rukhsati earlier than the decided time for they had a flight to catch. He still remembered that he wanted to take his wife on their first drive after their marriage. Only if it meant going to the airport. He still remembered how hard it rained that day. He still remembered that he was responsible for taking another life as well.

He could still remember her last words.

In some other world, Inshallah.

As sleep deprived as he was, he didn't wish to lie down anymore. Grabbing his phone from the bedside table, he made his way towards his study across his room.

Yet again, the horrors of that night didn't leave his mind.

Yet again, he was all alone.

~ * ~