"Good morning Bhai and Bhabhi," Yumna greeted as she carefully got herself seated at the dining table. A chorus of good mornings were repeated by her brother and sister-in-law, who were at the table waiting for her. Rayyan, her brother, passed on some parathas to her which she transferred on to her plate.

"Yumna?" Mushk, her sister-in-law called her out.

"Yes Bhabhi?"

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked as she noticed her all dressed to go somewhere.

Yumna braced herself as she prepared to break the news out to them. "Yes," she answered. "I am going for a job interview."

Both Rayyan and Mushk were shocked hearing what she had said.

"But you have Hamza now," Mushk calmly reasoned so as to not offend her.

"I know Bhabhi," she reached out for her hand, squeezing it lightly. "But I can't sit anymore at home. I need to have a stable job so that I can support my child and myself."

"Lekin abhi kaam karne ki kya zarurat hai? Hum toh hai na tumhare paas tumhari madad karne ke liye?" Mushk said, glancing at her husband, who had still kept quiet.

(What's the need to work when we are there to help you out?)

"I have things planned out for Hamza," she said, "I have to get out and work for my child, for his future. I have to be financially independent for my child."

"And are we so financially incapable of raising your child? You know we love you right?" Mushk asked her, trying to make her understand.

Yumna maintained her stance, not budging away from her decision. "No, Bhabhi, it's not like that and you know it. I love you both. But, this is something I wanted to do for myself, for my child and," she paused, "for Yawar." She breathed. "I want my child to have all the love and care in the world. When Yawar's family refused to support me, you guys took me in without any second thought. I am so grateful that my child will have such amazing Mamu and Mumani. But in the long run, I want my child to see me as a strong and independent woman. I want myself to grow and be strong. I have lost Yawar already, Bhabhi. I don't want to lose myself in my grief."

"Kya yeh tumhara aakhri faisla hai?" Rayyan asked her, looking straight into her. Keeping her confident posture, she mumbled a yes, her eyes not leaving his.

(Is this your final decision?)

"I want to do it, Bhai. I can't let my degree and my life go in waste." She affirmed.

"Then go for it, Yumi. We are with you," Rayyan said and then looked at his wife who nodded, understanding the situation.

"Allah tumhay humesha khush rakhe," Mushk prayed, to which Yumna just nodded, with no emotions on her face.

(May Allah bless you always)

~ * ~

As the morning finally arrived, Zaviyar who was ready for office, rushed to the dining area, without sparing any glance to his family members sitting there. Grabbing a banana from the table, he turned around to head towards his office when his mother stopped him.

"Zavi ruko!" Fardeen, his mother, called out. Zaviyar halted on his steps listening to her voice. Turning around he faced his mother, who looked at him with the same softness and love. Her love for him hadn't changed for a bit.

(Zavi wait!)

It's just that he didn't feel capable of her love.

"Ji Ammi?"