Chapter 57: Christmas (Part 1)

Depuis le début

Startled, Katya jumped and whirled around, glaring at Natasha's smug grin. This woman was too proud of herself sometimes, acting like a little kid. ''Watch out, or the only gifts you'll be getting today are coming out of the boxes under the tree.''

Natasha's grin faltered. ''I didn't realize I would be getting more.''

''Oh well, if you don't want late night Christmas sex...'' She shrugged, stepping into the bathroom. ''Even bought red lingerie.'' She swore she heard Natasha's breath hitch. Yeah, who was laughing now?

''Did you just say red lingerie?'' she called from the bed, stumbling over her words. No doubt her smirk had melted into a look of pure awe. She was an absolute sucker for seeing her wife in sexy things.

Katya pressed her lips together to smother her chuckles, running a brush through her hair. ''Yeah, but you don't want to see it, so...'' In the mirror, she saw Natasha scramble out of bed in a panic. This was the woman who claimed she was still a top.

She stumbled into the bathroom, pressing her body against Katya's from behind, gathering it in her arms. ''Honey, I'm sorry. Forgive me. Of course, I want to see it.'' Her apology sounded desperate, and that's what she was too. Afraid to have fucked up and be robbed of whatever Katya had planned tonight. All because of one simple butt-slap.

The kisses she planted on her neck tickled, but Katya forced her body to keep still, as if they didn't affect her. All to mess with her wife. Casually, she brushed her hair, careful not to hit Natasha in the head. 

The thing was, she knew Natasha wasn't sorry for slapping her butt, only for the consequences it had. So was the apology truly genuine?

Easily, Katya untangled herself from the cage of arms, and walked back to the bed, pulling her warm fluffy slippers on. Ignoring Natasha, and thereby torturing her, was mean, but funny.

''Kat? Come on, say something,'' she pleaded, reaching for her. But Katya had moved out of reach before her fingers could wrap around her wrist. Her brown hair sweeping around the corner was the last thing Natasha saw before she disappeared through the bedroom door.

She ran into Maya halfway down the stairs. The girl had sat down on one of the steps in her pajamas, arms wrapped around her knees. ''Merry Christmas. You ready to unwrap some gifts?'' Her hand ruffled through her red hair teasingly.

Maya rose to her feet, nodding excitingly. Though she also noticed someone was missing. ''Where's Mama?''

''Mama needs to overthink the consequences of her actions.''

A giggle fell from Maya's lips. ''Are you messing with her again?'' 

''I think the answer to that is very subjective.'' Katya smiled slyly. Though she sent her loud voice up the stairs once her feet had reached the bottom. ''Honey! You coming?'' 

Expectantly, she and Maya stared up, waiting for a grumpy face to appear at the top. And they weren't disappointed.

A pout slash frown was etched into Natasha's features, shoulders slumped forward, and all her bed hair pulled into a messy bun in the back of her neck. She dragged her socked feet down the stairs, refusing to look at her martyr.

Poor woman.

Or was she?

Katya chuckled, but waited patiently until Natasha was close enough to touch. Once they stood face-to-face, the brunette captured her face in her hands and pressed a sweet kiss to her lips, and then to her nose, and then her forehead.

It felt wrong to let her be pouty on Christmas. Even because of some harmless teasing.

Instantly, Natasha's frown melted away, a happy little smile replacing it. Her face lit up like a child's on Christmas, ironically. Her love language was both touch and attention. And now she got both.