SANO MANJIRO X READER

Start from the beginning

Since your body is still tired, you doze off after eating your breakfast and Manjiro stays with you as he lets you hug his arm as your pillow. Because you are sleeping, you didn't see the soft gaze that he gave you before he planted a small peck on your lips.

2008

"You told me you'll buy bread and milk but you came here with your bleeding throat, bleeding palm, and slight bruises! Where have you been!?" Izana scolds you like your mother (though you've never had a mother) as he massages his forehead in intense frustration.

"I'm sorry." You started calmly, trying to make your voice as gentle as possible to ease his annoyance. He sighed repeatedly.

"What exactly happened to you, (Y/N). Look, I'm not angry, ok? I'm worried. I'm fucking worried!" He stated while exhaling in exasperation.

You didn't say anything as you looked at the ground. You just let him scold you. It is better than letting him know what happened. It is for Izana's sake. You promised to protect him as well.

Izana cursed in frustration as he pulled your wrist and made you sit down on the sofa. He kneels in front of you and starts putting a bandage as he wraps your bleeding palm with it. He also mends the wound on your throat. He's silent while doing it but his touches are gentle. He's being extremely gentle to avoid causing you pain.

"Did I make them worried, too?" You asked calmly as you let him mend your wounds.

Izana nodded, still a little annoyed when you go home looking like this, "Yes."

"I should apologize to them."

"Do you have any other wounds?" He asked when he's finally done wrapping you with bandages, "You're keeping secrets from all of us here, (Y/N). Is it because of Mikey?"

"Mikey has nothing to do with this." You responded gently, "Trust me, Izana, just please trust me. I can't let you know what's going to happen, I can't do that."

"In order to protect us?" He asked back and you nodded, "Damn, I hate the fact how we can't even protect you."

"I'm fine."

"No you're not. You're damn wounded and bruised, how come you're fine? Your wounds aren't healing like before, too. This is odd. (Y/N), I know you know what's about to happen. Why can't you just lay low from doing so much and just focus on finding who killed you in the future? In that way, you'll be able to save yourself."

You stopped and stayed silent for a second. He's right. It's been years and you still don't know who killed you. But it doesn't matter. You'll die anyway, and the best thing that you must do is to protect everyone. The future for you... you know how it will end. Whether you see your killer or not, you know how things will end.

"You're being too worried for me, kid." You whispered out of nowhere and messed up Izana's hair, making his eyes widened.

"Did you just call me kid!? Again!?"

You smile gently, "I'll protect you. Don't mind me. I'll protect myself, too. Thank you for mending my wounds, Izana."

You stand up and start walking towards your room to rest when you hear Izana say something.

"Hindi kita maintindihan." (I can't understand you). Izana whispered and it made your eyebrows curl in confusion since you can't understand what he meant by that.

"What? I'm sorry, what did you just say?" You asked back. It is a different language and you wish you know what that means.

"I don't want you calling me a kid again because..." He paused, "Tangina, gusto kita." (Fuck, I like you). Izana whispered and it makes you look at him even more weirdly. You're too confused with what he's been saying.