A New Dawn

Everyone was dancing and singing. A huge fire was set in the middle of the town. Either someone got married...or they've killed a Dragonz. I grab the closest person that seems only slightly drunk and hold her still. "What's happened? Has someone been married while I was gone?" I beg frantically.

"Heavens no, we've gotten ourselves a Dragonz! Hey, You're coverd in blood!" She screams and stumbled back, falling on her butt. Everyone stops and stares at me, someone breaks a guitar string."Yes, I ran into the theives and killed one of them, I drove them out for a while now and I need to get cleaned, I know" I say loudly to calm everyone.

"A woman killed a theif! What did you use?" I looked around and saw the face of the man I hated most in the world. Count Dossel Wood. I gulp and answer the question for Dossel and the inquiring eyes,"I picked up a rock and bashed his head and face in. How else would I kill a person out in the woods?" Everyone laughed and my mother came out of the house, dashing down the dirt road, beckoning me to come get cleaned up.

I rush through the croud and into my home near the center or town. "Don't get reckless now, you're my only daughter, my love. I wouldn't be able to live if you vannished too." she was wiping my face with a cold rag and suddenly she hugged me. I gasped at the sudden hug and hesitently hugged her back.

"Mom." I look up, my face a shadow in the dark room. "Yes my dear." She runs a fingure across my cheek and I frown,"What do you think of Dragonz, do you believe that they're the children of the devil. Everyone thinks so in this town." She put a hand on my chin, held my face up to the moonlight and smiled.

"Some times I wonder, but in all truth, I don't. I think that they're just trying to survive and be left alone. Like a mother protecting it's child, I'de do anything to ensure that you'll stay alive and out of harms way at any givin momment. But don't get any idea's. Dragonz are still very bad news!" She patted my  head and went on down the hall way and off into my room to grab me a new dress to wear.

I stand up and go to the window, my pajama gown flowing in the night air, open it and watched everyone dancing around.I wonder what the Dragon looks like, I thought, leaning out the window. Around the corner a group of guys with a dragonz head on a stick come into veiw.

The head was massive and huge, you could tell it was a female by the way it's fetures were soft, not like they were going to kill you. Her colors were red....Blue....and Green. I gasp and scream. hopping out the window that was only a couple feet off the ground and run towards them.

"What have you done! You monsters, you terrible terrible things! Do you know what you've done!" They look at me like I'm a moron and through the head into the fire. "You crazy lady, go back to your house, we've no need for you here." One of them say, shoving me towards my house. "And get some clothes on!" Another one yells. Boo hoo, I was in my bed clothes and they were embaressed to see a woman dressed like this that wasn't in their family.

How childish! Stupid people.

"Isabella, what are you doing, get in here!" I run up the porch steps, grab the gray dress she was waving and pull it over my head."Be back soon mom!" and run out of town towards the woods.

I reach the fallen log in what seens like seconds and see that Liam has already cleaned up the site of the crime. I hop off the log and comtinue to run towards the mountain. I hear a faint yawn when I get there that sounds like an animal. I climb the side of the mountain up to the cave in nearly under twenty minutes to see a small Dragonz with a peice of shell on his head.

"I'm so sorry!" I wail and fall to my knee's. "Sorry for what my child? You saved my son when I could not. For that I thank you. Hurry, make the bond, that cut on your hand, hold it out to Doma." I didn't have time to think I was going insane, I just walked over and held out my hand, he stumbled over to me, sniffed it, then put his huge gray tounge against the wound.