42. ✩.・* High School Dreams

So...I made this post yesterday:

I needed a change from my usual format—playing one Sims 3 family until I get bored and start a new one

I needed a change from my usual format—playing one Sims 3 family until I get bored and start a new one. I also am currently playing Dragon Age: Origins (like I said in my post above) but I've been stuck in that game for months :/

So yeah, High School Dreams was something new and something I knew would be entertaining to play.

And well, I'm playing it now and its about what I expected (super corny with characters you can easily categorize by high school stereotypes) but it's like watching a car crash. I just?? Can't look away??

Also it's way more fun than it has any right to be lol

I use to watch it from this channel called Sofee. She was a Sims 3/gameplay channel but I don't think she updates anymore :(

 She was a Sims 3/gameplay channel but I don't think she updates anymore :(

I have no idea how well the game sold back in 2010 but I bought it for $4. I think the hardest part was actually installing the game.

See the website I bought it from, green man gaming, has this extension called "playfire" which I needed to play the game. It was all going great...up until the point I realized I had put it in the wrong information for my username which means the game I paid for wasn't showing up!

BUT, after 15 minutes of uninstalling and googling I figured it out (I don't remember exactly but I had to search for something in my computer and reinstall the software).

Also even before that, I was going to pay for it, I needed a verification code to secure my payment and it was going to my mom's phone (I'm assuming since the card is on her account? Like the card is in my name but it's still hers, idk).

And I'm not sure but I was sweating just asking her to give me the code because I was worried she was going to say no or something.

I don't know what it is, but for the last couple of years, I've felt guilt if I want to buy something or feel the need to ask permission from my parents (even though they've said I don't have to do that anymore). I've looked it up a little bit—like questions people have asked in regards to buying things for themselves and I think I just feel guilty.

Like I don't deserve it or something—which makes absolutely no sense!

Because:

A) I have a set allowance and I stick to that

And

B) I rarely ask for stuff

So I have to wonder where that guilt comes from?

That's a rhetorical statement FYI—I'm going to mull it over and think about it.

And work on not feeling guilty.

Anyway, back to my original point because I ramble on about things unrelated too much🙄

This game is fun if you just want something that doesn't require much thinking or just need a laugh. It's very fluffy and like I said before, it's way more fun than it should ever be allowed to be lol