"Ryan." I say blushing. "He asked me out today." 

"He seems like a douche-bag." She says bluntly. "Such a flirt. A ladies man."

"No he isn't." I state, annoyed. "Ryan is really respectful. And we're going out Saturday night." She sighs. 

"Ok." She says. "But he was flirting with all the girls in that diner." I wave her off, not bothering to listen. She doesn't know Ryan like I do.

"Who was that cute cook guy?" She asks curiously.

"Ben." I say slowly grinning, staring at her. "Why?"

"Like I said." She says shrugging. "He's cute." We laugh and tease the rest of the ride home, and she drives off, claiming she has to babysit. I head into the house, and take off my coat. It's getting colder lately, and I really don't want it to rain.

"Gemma?" I walk into the living room to find the whole gang there, watching T.V.

"Hey cupcake." Caleb says grinning. I frown, and stare at Mark.

"Really?" I spit, a little pissed. They will never let this go. 

"I'm sorry Gemma." Mark says, shrugging. "I guess the whole situation is very... bitter sweet." They all burst out laughing, and I huff.

"Very funny." I say. "What do you want?" Josh stops laughing, and grins.

"Food." He says, turning the T.V up louder. "Then go do your homework." I quickly chuck them some chips and dip, then go upstairs. I grab my journal, and head out onto the landing. I need air. Today was horrible. I don't think I can ever face another cupcake again. But I can't believe Ryan asked me out. What am I going to wear? He likes this dress. But he's already seen it. And how am I going to trick Josh into letting me go? I should ask Charlie. She's got the completely wrong idea about him. But I should totally introduce her to Ben. That is a match made in heaven. I draw, not quite sure what I'm drawing. Just random lines. I haven't had much inspiration lately. 

"What are you doing?"

"OH!" I jump, my journal flying to the floor. Uh. "Is this going to be a habit?" I laugh nervously, catching my breath. Liam shrugs apologetically, smiling.

"I guess we both have the same idea." He says. "Come out here to think." I nod slightly, because that's exactly why I love this little landing outside my window. "I want to thank you." He says.

"What?" I reply frowning.

"My brothers told me what you did for them." He continues. "I heard about that stupid little challenge." 

"Don't worry about it." I say. "I'm used to it."

"That's exactly why I will worry about you." He murmurs. "You shouldn't have to be used to it." I don't answer, not sure what to say. "Ben said that he saw a friend of yours at the diner." He grins. "He sounds quite smitten." 

"Yeah." I say grinning, happy to be changing the subject. "Charlie said the same thing."

"We should get them together." He says. 

"Sure." I answer.

"How about Saturday night?" He asks. "We're having a barbecue. Bring Charlie." I stare at him, and sigh.

"No." I say. "You know it could never happen. And besides. You made it clear, I don't belong over their."

"I never said that!" He argues.

"Why do you care so much?" I shout.

"Because-Because-"He mutters. "I just do."

"Right." I sneer. "Look. Even if I could, and I wanted to-I'm busy. I'm going out."

"With who?" He asks quickly. Why does he care?

"Ryan." I answer.

"Douche-bag Ryan?" He exclaims, incredulously.

"Ryan from work." I say, clenching my jaw.

"Yeah." He says dumbly. "Douche bag Ryan."

"He's not a douche." I retort. "Anyway, he asked me today, to see a movie with him Saturday night."

"Why?" He yells, holding his head in his hands.

"What do you mean why?" I snort. He sighs, and looks up.

"Let me guess." He starts. "He saw you in that dress today-"

"What is that supposed to mean?" I say, feeling the anger build up inside of me.

"He's going to use you!" He yells.

"You don't get a say in it! You told me! You don't care about that part of my life!"

"Gemma, I just-"

"GEMMA!" I whip around, and hear Josh again. "GEMMA!" I sigh, and turn around.

"I have to go." I whisper, the first tear running down my cheek. Before he can answer, I jump inside, and slam the window shut, closing the curtains. I wipe the tears off my face, and quickly walk down the stairs.

"Who were you talking to?" Josh asks from the living room, his friends scattered around the area.

"No one." I say, no emotions on my face.

"What was all the screaming?" He demands.

"Reality T.V show." I say dryly. "Thoroughly entertaining." He grunts.

"Good to know you're doing something productive with your time."

"I try." 

"Anyway." He says. "We have business to do Saturday night-"

"What type of business?" I butt in, eager to learn something about his gang.

"Just something I have to do." He says suspiciously. "Why so interested?"

"I'm not." I answer quickly. It's probably not a good idea to let Josh know that I know about his gang. That would not end well. "You were saying?"

"Anyway." He says, still eyeing me off. "You need to get lost. We can't have you here. You need to clean, cook dinner, and get out. Go to to Charlie's." My eyes go wide, and I try not to look to excited. 

"Are you serious?" I ask, trying to act casual. 

"Yeah." He says, heading for the stairs. "But you have to be home by twelve." 

"Of course!" I call, as he disappears up the stairs.

Perfect.