chapter 3.

"If you think any harder, you might pop a brain cell."

That definitely wasn't in my head. I don't recognize this voice and trust me, I'm well acquainted with all of them.

"Helllo?" I snap my head in the direction of the strange voice. "Are you as bored as I am, or are you actually enjoying sitting in the corner staring into whatever dimension you were in?" Unexpectedly, a series of giggles escapes my lips before I could control it. That wasn't funny even Rain, get it together.

"And what makes you think I wasn't just trying to see if I could make that vase disappear?" I reply after gathering myself. Double points to myself for keeping it together.

"Attempted robbery? I could get you arrested for that you know?" She takes a seat right beside me and tilts her body toward me on the bench. Huh? Wait...

"This is your house?" I tilt my body toward her, mimicking her position. Up close, the person infront of is gorgeous, round brown eyes, what most would consider the perfect nose adorned with a septum piercing, dreadlocks that frame her face and a beautiful smile. And like most of the people here, her fit was what you would call "drippy". From the chain on her neck, all the way down to the Nike's on her feet.

"Yes, I'm letting my parents use it for a little while though. I know it's a huge deal, but you know I try to be modest about it, so don't let anyone else know, okay?" She finishes off with a wink. Her eyes scan my face as she speaks, it is almost enough to make me bury my head in my hands.

"How very thoughtful of you. Of course I won't tell anyone, your secret is safe with me." I end off by closing the imaginary zipper on my lips and tossing the key. She chuckles at this, again her eyes were scanning my face. It's almost like she was trying to make eye contact with me. To avoid it I turn my gaze to the, 'Rick and Morty' embroidery on her t-shirt.

"You want another drink?" After a few more drinks, a very funny conversation about which of his friends would great Disney villans, a friend calls her over and once again I'm left alone. I didn't even get her name. So far, so good.

I pull my phone out of my little purse, responding to a few new texts from my parents, and one from the only friend I had growing, Teddy. He wasn't my best friends by any mean but he was good company.

Teddy (16:38) : how's everything goin??
Me (18:34) : pretty good so far, and youu?

"I'm back. Do you smoke? Weed, I mean." I nod, sliding my phone back into my purse. She slides back onto the bench a little closer to me this time, so slow its like a cat dipping it's paw in water. She is watching my reaction. My face betrays me when a smile overtakes my face at her antics. I promise you, it is the alcohol in my system, I do not smile amd laugh this much. Ever! Taking that as all the confirmation she needs, she slides all the way next to me. Our shoulders and thighs touch.

"Would you like to come outside to smoke with me?" She bumps her shoulder into mine slightly before pushing herself off the bench.

"Stranger danger. I don't go anywhere with strangers." She stares down at me, pulling her bottom lip into her mouth, squatting infront me. My eyes almost pop out if their sockets when she grabs onto my thighs to keep her balance. A tingle runs up my spine, and instantly a blush takes over my cheeks. I look up to the ceiling in hopes that the blush will go away before she notices.

"Indi." Her voice breaks through the silence that had settle between us.  "My name is Indiphile, Indi for short. What's yours?"

"Rain, rain for short."

"Well, Rain..." Cutting herself off, she stands to her full height and holds out a hand to me. "...are you gonna join me now. I mean, we aren't exactly strangers anymore."

I wanted so badly to say no, infact ever muscle in my bones was telling me to say no. She looks like trouble, far too goodlooking and charming to be speaking to me -a dangerous combination that was quickly weakening my defences faster than I was expecting to. I mean yeh, she probably has good intentions, on the other hand she could totally just be trying to use me in some sic-

"Rain...?"

Fuck it, YOLO, right? "Yes."

I down the rest of the gin in my cup and take her hand. I follow her out the living room to a door at the end of the passage, which leads to a beautiful garden. The grass was tamed, so many different types of plants and flowers scattered around garden. From what I could see, all the flowers were planted by colour and seperated by a neatly trimmed bush in between them. Whoever did this landscaping, a genius. What made even better was the setting sun in the sky, the hues of orange and the fading blue, only accentuated the vibrance of the colours in the garden. It is absolutely gorgeous.

"I'm guessing you like it?" Yes. Why does she even need to ask. Wait, did I answer her out loud? I pull my eyes away from the scene infront of me to nod at her. She already had the blunt lit, sitting on the short flight of stairs outside the front door. She takes another drag and holds it out to me. I plop down right beside her, taking a drag to fill my lungs completely. I can feel her stare on the side of face once again.

"What?" I say to her, raising my brow at her. "Nothing. I just didn't think you were serious."

"About what?" The confusion is laced in my tone. "I'm guessing that fact that I smoke?" She nods, and chuckles. I pass it back to her.

"It helps with my anxiety." I say with a shrug, exhaling the smoke.

"Oh, still, i never would have pegged you. You look like you're a good girl." She shuffles her body closer to mine again, this time her hand rest on the inside of my thigh, rubbing slow circles that once again send tingles up my spine. "Like you'd lived in a mushroom."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I exclaim, playfully smacking her (and this is probably the weed and alohol in my system) and I wrap my arms around her am. She puts out the blunt.

"It means you look like a fairy, you've got the height."

"I am not that short!" I jump in, cutting her off.

"Shh, now as I was saying, you're adorable and your skin..." She runs her hand up my face, staring into my eyes and leans closer to me,"...is so soft."

Her hand cups my face as her draws closer and closer to mine. Part of me knew I need to stop this but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Giving in to what my body wants, I lean into her warm hand on my cheek. My gaze drops from her eyes slowly to her lips and back up to her eyes which were now lustfully glued to my lips.

"Can I kiss you,please?" The desperation in her voice is so strong, it makes me clench my thighs together.

"Ye-"

"Rayyyyyy!" Oh fuck no. I pull away from Indi, standing to my feet. The door swings open, revealing a very drunk Lisa." There you are. Come on my boyfriend is here, you need to meet him. Come!"

She stumbles down the stairs and pulls me back inside with her. I look over my shoulder to smile apologetically at Indi. Which returns with her own smile before the door closes behind me.

***
Hi lovelies, what did we think? They finally met.
Was it what you expected?

Also, I'm sorry if there wasn't much of a description with the party, i've only been to like 1 my whole life. I did my best tho, so eyyyy!

And also, Indi in the m/m.

Anywho, i hope you had a good day.

xoxo q.