chapter 2.

Life in res? It really isn't what I expected.

The food in the cafeteria is tasteless on most days and I swear I have had more chicken in my last two weeks here, than I have my while life.

Hot water is hard to come by on most days in the shower, that part is mostly my fault. I refuse to wake up before 7 am and thats a hill im willing to die on.

The Wi-Fi is a nightmare, somedays you have it, some days you don't. It has been a nightmare to deal with.

On the bright side, my roommate, Lisa is an absolute gem and an animation student. She's like the big sister I never knew I need but I got anyways. She's been my guide since we met, taking me to all my classes, showing me all the short cuts, who and what to avoid, letting me hang out with her friends and just always willing to have conversation. Of course in return, I buy her coffe every morning and I make us food when we avoid the cafeteria on most nights.

She's so warm and in her own words, "in touch with her inner goddess." To top it all off, she's gorgeous too. Chocolate skin, and pretty smile too boot.

"Rayyyyyyy!"

Speak of the devil.

"Leeeee!" I shut my laptop and set it beside me. I look up at her, waiting in anticipation for what she was about to tell me. She sits on my bed and rests her head on me lap.

"Sooo, there's a little chillaz thing happening at my friends place and I need you to come with me." I'd already met some of her friends from the few times we ate with them in the cafeteria, so it couldn't be so bad and judging by the pleading look on her face, she was desperate.

"Uh, yeh okay. When is it?"

"No backsies." She yelps, hopping off of the bed and saunters off toward her wardrobe.

"Okay?"

"It's in an hour."

Say what now?

"What do you mean "its in an hour"? Lissssaaa. I'm tired." I wanted to spend the rest of the night in bed, with my pillows and rewatch 'How i met your mother'.

"Aht, aht, aht, i said no backsies. Plus it's Friday. We are young , we need to enjoy our youth."

"Bu-"

"Nope, no but's. You haven't gone out once since you've been here. Now get up and get dressed." With that she turns around to dig through her wardrobe.

***

"Are you sure I look okay?" I ask Lisa once we reach her friends house.

I was wear a pink and white floral print dress, with a white mesh top underneath and my white converse takkies. Lisa was wearing a black, skin tight dress and white slip on heels. Simple, but she made it look gorgeous.

"Yes, you look very pretty lovey. Stop worrying. They are going to love you." With that said, she leans forward to press the door bell.

Would they though? I am what most people would call quirky, which we all know is code for weird or strange. I prefer being called an outlier. I spent most of my childhood being the fat kid that nobody wanted to play with, and most of my teen years working on myself, alone. So I didn't develope the best people skills and the noise coming from behind the door told me i was unprepared for what was coming my way. The heavy looking door slides open. Immediately, long arms shoot out to pull Lisa into a tight embrace, causing her to squeal loudly, followed her giggles.

"Liliii!" The man says when he finally lets her go. "And who is this cute thing?" The question is clearly directed at Lisa but I could tell by the way his honey coloured eyes study my face, he was waiting on me to say something.

Fat chance there buddy, you can stare and make me feel uncomfortable all you want, but one thing about me, is I'll keep my mouth shut until you address me directly.

"This is my roommate, I told you I was bringing her." Lisa finally speaks up after the short, awkward silence. "Ray, this is Londi, who unfortunately happens to be my older brother."

"Unfortunately?! Oh please, I am the light of her life. It is nice to meet you though, Rain." An exasperated Londi, reaching an arm to shake my hand.

"Its a pleasure to meet you too." I smile up at him. And when I say up, I mean up. Now I'm not the shortest person. I'm 5'2 on a good day however, these two were making me feel tiny. I know Lisa is about 5'10 and her brother was even taller than tha-

Snap, snap, snap.

"Rayyyyyyy, are you still with us? We're going inside now. Come on." She adds with a giggle after successfully snapping me out of my train of thought. Not even a second later, she grabs my hand and pulls me into the mansion. The iterior from what I can see, is modern and sleek, with a touch of a rustic vibe to it. As opposed to Victorian look on the exterior of the house.

"Look who's here!" Londi booms when we walking onto the living room. A group of 15 or so, people all turn their attention towards us casting their greeting to Lisa, and i instantly feel uncomfortable. Two girls who I recognize from the few time I've had lunch with Lisa jump up from one of the couches squealing and pull an apologetic looking Lisa with them back to that same spot.

Just like that I was alone.

Luckily no one's attention was on me, I head to the bar on the far side of the room. There was a all types of alcohol littering the counter, from ciders, to beers, tequilla, whiskey, vodka and so much more stuff, it would overwhelm me if i was new to this. I grab a solo cup filling it halfway with some gin, I grab a bottle of water and I head to an empty chair in the corner.

Everyone looked so happy and carefree conversing amongst each other. It would take a blind person to not see what an attractive looking group of people this was. They were all slim or the "ideal" type of thick and you could tell from all their designer bag, accessories and clothes, they were all from rich families. Top tier members of society.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous or insecure by any means. I love myself and it took me years to realise that just because I didn't fit into societies beauty standard, it didn't mean that i wasn't beautiful. One thing I did wish i had though was this type of friendship, where the world seemed to blur away and it could just be them. The light hum of the music provided the excellent background music for the scene infront of me.

No stress. No bad vibes. Just good energy and pure fun.

"If you think any harder, you might pop a brain cell."

***
Heya lovelies,
how was that chapter for you?
I know nothing much happens but this just a filler, i promise its coming soon.
Side note,
anxiety is the absolute and im probably going to use Rain's character to vent about all the similar things that i've went through because of it,
so if sometimes she come across as bitter, let me vent chile.
Anywhoo,
I hope you had a good day...

xoxo Q