"I told you to do something."

"I don't care."

I saw the look on Vaughn's face.

"Murphy, come on," she said softly, grabbing her sister's arm.

I watched as Murphy snatched her arm away.

"I told you I went to hang out with my friends. Just take my word for it and leave shit alone."

As the words came out of her mouth she quickly covered it. I wasn't too far from the secretary's desk, so I know she heard what was said.

"You want to cause a scene?"

"Dad..."

I took a step to her and leaned down so only she could hear me.

"Take your ass to the car like I said the first time, now!"

I was pissed. The kids and their language was one thing. Cursing at me, never would I accept that. I watched as she took a step back, leaving the office with Vaughn behind her. I turned back to the secretary.

"Could you pull up the attendance records for Murphy Levesque for these past few weeks. While you're at, please do the same for Vaughn Levesque."

She smiled.

"Sure no problem. Give me a moment. You can have a seat in the meantime."

"Thank you."

As I went to sit down, I got a text from Steph.

What's the hold up?

Murphy didn't sign in today. Checking the attendance for the both of them. I'll be out soon.

I pocketed my phone and the secretary called my name.

"After a quick glance, Vaughn has perfect attendance, no remarks."

Well that's a plus. I know her mouth can get her in trouble at times.

"As for Murphy, she's been missing half the day on Fridays."

"So she wasn't in any classes today?"

"No, sir."

"There's no way the teachers just forgot to..."

"They call roll and put it in digitally at the beginning of every class. If she was there, it would've popped up. Even her signing herself in this morning before or after her free period would have been in the system."

She handed me the papers.

"Thank you, and again, have a good weekend."

"You as well."

I folded the papers and left the office, running into Ethan. He and Murphy had been dating for a year now and I still wasn't a fan of the kid.

"Uh, hi Mr. Levesque."

His friends were behind him. I simply nodded.

"Hello, Ethan."

He looked back at his friends before looking at me. They went in the opposite direction.

"Do you have a second?" he asked.

"I actually have someplace to be."

"I'll uh, make this quick."

I nodded and stepped to the side to give us semi-privacy for him to say what he had to say.

"What's on your mind, Ethan?"

I watched as he took a deep breath.

"I know we got off on the wrong foot. I just want you to know I really care about Murphy. I don't want her to keep getting in trouble for being with me. I don't want to be the problem."