In a flash, Lan Zhan's lips were on his. Wei Ying dropped the jug onto the floor and was swept into the passionate kiss like a boat in a storm. They each fought for dominance. Teeth nipped and lips pulled as the two young men were consumed with desire. Lan Zhan's hand reached up and pulled at Wei Ying's ponytail. His dancer's exposed neck was long and tasted like the warm milk that now resided inside him.

Wei Ying moaned lightly at the forceful tug. His arms wrapped tightly around his jade, needing his warmth and security in this foreign place filled with people who wanted to do him harm. It was in his nature to keep up a strong front to comfort the people around him. But with Lan Zhan, Wei Ying was beginning to understand he could simply be himself.

Lan Zhan slowly stopped his attention on Wei Ying's sun-kissed skin and breathed deeply, resting his head against Wei Ying's shoulder.

"Need sleep." he pointed out with a long sigh.

"I know." Wei Ying answered. "But...this was nice, too."

"Mn."

How could one word, one sound, express so many different emotions? Wei Ying had always been very talkative and thought, the more words you used, the better understood a person would be. Yet, he was learning now that it wasn't what you said, but how you said it.

"Long day tomorrow." Lan Zhan explained, raising his head to look at his dancer.

His fingers slipped around the back of Wei Ying's head and untied the black ribbon holding the mask against his face. With his other hand, he slowly lowered the mask so he could see his future husband's face and press a few final kisses over Wei Ying's cheeks and nose.

Wei Ying giggled. The blush painting his skin a soft shade of pink spread down his neck and he caught Lan Zhan staring at it again.

He smiled and said, "We both need our sleep. You have to show me your home tomorrow. And I have a lot of questions."

Lan Zhan nodded and began blowing out the lanterns allowing the bright moonlight to wash across Jingshi. Wei Ying picked up the jug and tray and placed them on a table near the door. He then turned down the blanket on the bed before removing his hair ribbon. Crawling into the bed first, he turned around and noticed Lan Zhan grabbing an extra blanket and pillow from a cubby in the back.

"No way." Wei Ying said, shaking his head. "There is no way I'm making you sleep on the floor in your own home. Absolutely not."

"But...Wei Ying might feel...." Lan Zhan began.

"I'll be lonely, cold, scared, and I might even have a bad dream if you don't keep me safe and warm." Wei Ying finished, patting the bed.

Lan Zhan lowered his eyes, his ears burning a fiery red.

Wei Ying huffed gently. "Don't tell me you're shy."

"Not married." Lan Zhan answered.

"You are a fuddy-duddy, aren't you?" Wei Ying teased. "Come." he said, his arm outstretched. "Sleep with me. Nothing else has to happen."

Lan Zhan looked up. Those light amber eyes that Wei Ying fell in love with the first day he saw his jade standing in the street holding the flower stared at him hopefully. One step at a time he moved closer to the bed. Wei Ying stood up and slowly undid Lan Zhan's belt. He kept his eyes down knowing full well, if he was to look up, he would see the same fiery passion that burned through his veins on his jade's face.

So he wouldn't be tempted, Wei Ying moved behind Lan Zhan and slid his future husband's outer robe off. He took Lan Zhan's hand in his and led him to the bed, pulling him down gently. The two laid side by side, face to face. Gold reflected silver until both their eyes closed with exhaustion.