Chapter 41 - Allen's Observation

Start from the beginning

Whenever he's tired and sleepy, there are times he noticed one of them putting a blanket on him whenever he  falls asleep in the living room. He was able to caught them one time when he woke up a bit, but none of them realized that.

There was one time Sean decided to carry him back to the bedroom. Allen was too tired to tell the butler off, so he just let him be.

Also, whenever he had a hard time with a certain assignment, either Sean or Kyla appears to help him. 

There were those moments where Sean told one of his siblings. It's all because the man thought that Allen got beaten up by some classmates in his own school. (Rewind to the chapter where Ron and the servants misunderstood that Allen got beaten up in school. And they thought he was hiding his scars using healing potions.)

It seems that Sean did that out of concern. At least that's what Allen thought. This butler had defied his orders, despite offering him money to keep his mouth shut. But was it really just concern? It is also possible that he did it out of morals, nothing more. That makes more sense, because it does give off a bad feeling whenever you ignore someone in trouble.

But why?

There's no way you would want to help someone you hate.

He is aware that they loathed his entire existence, and because of that, he refuses to let them discover more things about him. He has serious attachment issues and he's afraid that he might grow more fond of them. He realized that these servants are doing something that makes him catch some feelings. That's why he'll try to stop himself before it grows into something big, which can hurt him someday.

"Young master, are you okay? You seem silent. It's kind of unusual for you." Sean commented. For some reason, he looked concerned.

Allen doesn't know if it's genuine or not, but this type of action warmed his heart. Even though he won't admit it, this meant something to him, even if the others didn't think of it that way.

"Well, I was just planning to reward you for doing a decent job. I suppose it's fair for making you go cover up the things I've been doing...." Allen trailed off and looked at Sean. "...Even though some failed to keep it a secret, I guess it's still fine, because the word didn't reach to my parents." he finished.

This made Sean sweat a bit. But then, a moment later, his eyes widened, processing about everything Allen said. He looked at him in shock. "I-I beg your pardon?" he blurted out. For the first time, Sean who was always stoic, finally stuttered because of the boy's words.

Allen sweated a bit, realizing that this is an unusual way to reward the servants. He hopes that no one sees his true intentions.

Meanwhile, Kyla placed a hand on her mouth, looking at Allen in a teary-eyed expression. Ivy looked at him, wide-eyed, pupils shaking. Kivy's grumpy expression suddenly changed to shock, clearly in disbelief. His eyes scream 'am I hearing everything right, did this asshole really said something nice?'

For some reason, Kivy's expression made Allen's eye twitch.

"No way...The world must be ending..." Kivy blurted out.

This caused Kyla to panic and quickly covered the boy's mouth. "Shhhhhh!Show some respect!" she hissed, while Ivy nodded in agreement.

"He's right though...The world might be really ending. Maybe not now..., but soon..." Sean said. His body is all stiff but he's also shaking at the same time.

'Well, the world is at risk of ending...so I guess you're kind of right on that. But what does the world ending have something to do with me!?' Allen thought, feeling a bit annoyed.