Dylan feels like strangling both of them but he resisted. Chen noticed the heated stares of Dylan on him and Immediately chimed in, "How can you say nothing is going on when we met your man on the way in and he was looking none too happy." He asked, trying to divert their conversation to something more comfortable and doesn't have anything to do with him or he might end up sleeping outside tonight and trust Chen, he doesn't wish that for himself.

Hoa Xuan sniggered on seeing he changed the topic and decided to let it slide as well. He said, "Don't mind that boy, he is looking for someone to tie down. He wants to subject me to a life of penury with all his marriage palaver. I have told him repeatedly that I'm not yet ready for marriage, to settle down, and yet, he kept bringing up that same topic. I told him just now to be patient for about three more years, that by then, I would've been financially established and then we would get married. But he just got all angry and insulting before he left abruptly." 

Hoa Xuan explained and goosebumps ran down his spine on imagining himself being tied down to a responsibility he is not yet ready for. He still can't believe Xiao Zhan will constantly bring such conversation when he knows he doesn't have anything to stand for as a man.

Dylan had been looking at him and was shaking his head hearing such utterances coming out from his mouth. "Three years? Hoa Xuan, he should wait another three years?!" He exclaimed and countered his friend closely. "That doesn't sound reasonable or fair to him. He has been patient enough in your courtship of about five years or more if I'm not mistaken. Asking him to wait for that long again is tantamount to breaking the camel's back." 

He paused and noticed how Hoa Xuan was glaring at him and cared less. He continued, "Look at it from his perspective. He's beautiful, tall and elegant and his mates are already married and having children, even though some think it's unnecessary." He said those last words to Chen who rolled his eyes and looked away.

"Your point?" Hoa Xuan asked, thinking how much of his anger he can contain if he continues uttering rubbish to him.

"My point is, what if he were to be your brother or son and some guy was toying with his heart like you're doing. How will you feel? Answer me, do you think you can take it? Xiao Zhan has shown you nothing but sincere love and always let you have your way with him, which you testify to yourself to us. Is the only good for you to use and not good for you to marry?" Dylan asked, he appeared angry.

Hoa Xuan was visibly angry as he spoke, "Go and marry him then, counsellor Dylan Wang!" He quipped. "I said I'm not yet ready for marriage. Is it by force to marry? Will you be the one to feed us? Please, I don't want to fight with you over this issue. It's a private matter between Zhan and I. Please, don't interfere." He warned, his anger and irritation clearly visible as he said that.

"It's okay guys, let's calm down. We didn't come here to fight." Chen intervened. "By the way, I think I agree with Hao Xuan on this. Marriage is not by force, it's meant to be enjoyed and not endured." He said and glanced at Dylan and noticed he was gritting his teeth and was listening to him utter rubbish. "When the man doesn't have money to meet the family's needs, that's when you'll see the true colours of Zhan. He would forget how he rushed him into it by then." Chen noted, and slowly shifted away when he saw Dylan now gnashing his teeth. 

Dylan was wondering whether those words are regarded to him or himself. Now he understands his true colours as well. Is he saying he will not marry him if he makes his intentions clear to him simply because he's poor? Dylan wondered, finding insults being rubbed on his face. 

"Is he saying all this to me?" Dylan thought. To say Dylan is angry and disappointed is an understatement, regarding how he was glaring at his boyfriend.

Hoa Xuan seems to be enjoying this turned-out event, at least he's not the only one that was being labelled as the poor one, obviously, someone here is included. He smirked at that and agreed with Chen's words, "Thank you, my brother. You're on point, tell him. Tell it to his face. Leave Dylan with his sermon, it's obvious those words are meant for you." 

Hoa Xuan looked away and covered his mouth and laughed his stomach full as if mocking Dylan whose face was already red in anger while glaring at Chen who was already set to start running for his life. "This hurts someone, "Hoa Xuan mocked Dylan.

Chen continued, "If he can't wait, then let him quit. There are many other beautiful men available in our village. I even read recently in a newspaper where a man of God was washing hundreds of men and women in the river just for them to get a husband. A husband is an extremely scarce commodity these days. Xiao Zhan should be lucky and thankful he has a man who has promised to marry him only asking for some more time." Chen added and got up.

Dylan just stared at him in utter disbelief and since he couldn't stand his utterances, he got up as well and chased after Chen who had reached Hoa Xuan's gate before he even stood up. "Wait for me, idiot! Now I know who I'm dating! You're a gold digger! Wait for me! Why are you running? Bastard! Wait for me!" He continued chasing Chen until they were out of sight.

Hoa Xuan had already fainted on the ground because of laughter, and each time he tried to get up, he ended up falling back again and tears were dripping out of his eyes because of laughter. "This has made my day! Those two are hilarious! Oh, my God! Oh, my goodness, I can't breathe anymore! Xiao Zhan, you think you can spoil my mood, you have failed miserably! Yes, Chen, you suit Dylan. Does he think he's wise enough to tell me how to go about with my relationship? My limbs have become numb... I can't stop laughing..." Hoa Xuan continued laughing that he ended up collapsing and yet, he hasn't stopped laughing.

---

Xiao Zhan got home and rushed inside his room and broke down on his bed, crying his heart out as what Hoa Xuan said to him kept repeating in his brain. He doesn't think he greeted his parents that were sitting inside the sitting room properly and doesn't even care if he does. He was coming back from work and hadn't come home yet, but instead, he stopped at Hoa Xuan's house only to have his heartbroken by Hoa Xuan. If only he knew this would become the outcome, he wouldn't have gone there in the first place, now he's regretting why he did.

He just wanted to get married to the man he loved, his boyfriend who had extended to become his fiance since he had dated him for many years now. One of his colleagues at work shared his wedding invitation card and this broke Xiao Zhan's heart since the person just started dating his man months ago and it has resulted in marriage, that's why he went to have this same discussion with Hoa Xuan. 

Why is he different? Why can't he get married to his mates? Many of them are with kids and he doesn't even have a husband to boast or talk more of having a child of his own. Each time he had sexual intercourse with Hoa Xuan, he never ceased to remind him to take precautions to avoid getting pregnant.

What wrong has he committed against his ancestors to make them curse them like this? Why can't Hoa Xuan just come to his parents and do the needful? He wants them to continue this unyielding relationship that's not leading them anywhere? Is that what he wants? Xiao Zhan thought with his tears drizzling uncontrollably. 

"I will not continue subjecting myself to you only for you to use! I will never come to your house again until you come for my hand in marriage! I will not continue waiting for you, do you hear me! Any man that comes my way now, I will marry him! I want to get married! But who will come when I've chased them all away because of this asshole? Is there anyone left for me? Is there anyone somewhere that is meant for me?" Xiao Zhan asked no one in particular as he continued crying with a broken heart.