Back from summer

Summer is over and it's back to the creepiest place for many children, school.

Teachers, homework, waking up early in the morning, annoying classmates. A real nightmare.

But it's not all bad, school has something special, telling what you did on vacation. It's so desperate that moment that it seems to be a wildlife documentary.

The cool kids who did something on their vacation behave like felines to show off to the ones who didn't do anything like gazelles.

But this day starts early, your mother prepares your backpack and your father is in charge of waking you up.

"Wake up champ, it's your first day of school."

Before getting on the usual bus, the typical talk of: "This year will be more demanding than last one, you must prepare yourself more".

That's why we meet our characters, people like you and me.

So different but so unique at the same time.

The first one is Miko, a Venezuelan boy who wants to be a baseball player.

A bit impulsive but with a great leadership skills.

Miko's best friend is Todd, a big boy from a good family who tries to advise Miko not to do mischief.

Todd is a compassionate, patient boy with great wisdom for his age. He is a little old man in a little boy's body.

Then we meet Lilly, Miko is secretly in love with her and always pesters her for her attention.

Lilly is a sweet girl and just like Miko she has great leadership skills, only as usual with girls, she is smarter than him (but Miko doesn't want to admit it).

Meet the new girl at school, Sophia. She is from Japan.

She is very nervous about her first day of school because she doesn't know anyone.

Say hello to Sophia so she won't feel bad.

Like any school story, there is always a character who annoys the protagonist.

And in this case, it is Tutu, a big boy who, being in first grade, looks like a fifth grader.

There are a lot of rumors about him, but don't judge a book by its cover.

And finally, there is Maggie, a sweet but somewhat pretentious girl.Her parents are rich and she has lived in multiple places around the world in different schools, so she has never been able to find good friends.

At this school since last year, the kids tease her because her backpack stinks. The teasing is a little unfair because it wasn't her fault but we know how kids are...

Miko: Hey Todd, how was your summer?

Todd: Not much, I went to the lake with my family. What did you do?

Miko: Well, I just played video games and they gave me permission to sleep in.

Todd: That's great.

Miko: See. (sudden pause)... Todd: That's Tutu?

Todd: Yeah, he's on his way over here.

Tutu: Hello brats, ready for this whole year of suffering?

(He may not have told them this, but they were so afraid of him that anything would sound bad).