CHAPTER VI (Darling, do I look like a thief?)

(You can imagine her as Margaret, Sabrina's mother☝️)

SABRINA'S POV :

"Bye guys, we will continue our practice tomorrow." I said to my team aka friends. "Bye" shouted my friends back. I exited the studio and quickly speed walked to my car, my baby it's a black Honda Jazz. My mom had gifted it to me on my birthday last year. Though I had done some savings for it too.

I started the engine, and my baby roared to life

I started the engine, and my baby roared to life. I decided to take the shortest route today because I was already late, mom today had asked me to pick her up from the mall on my way back, she had also called me 5 times but I was not able to recieve it because I was in the middle of practice. I can already imagine myself getting lectured from mom and washing all the dishes all alone by myself.

Yeah, by the way you guys might be wondering about what practices I am talking about. Actually I am a Choreographer. I have always been passionate about arts- singing, dancing, painting and even fighting. I also know taekwondo and boxing. I have always participated in several compititions  and mom has always supported me in all.  When I was in High School, I met a few people who became my close friends. You even know some of them, Jane, Josh, Ryan, Cassandra, Maya, Verah, Josiah and many others.  We had decided to create a dance team back then and by now our team has became really famous in our town, we have also won many compititions and inter-state dance championship too for continuously three years. And we look forward on winning it this year too. And as championships are are just few months away, we are really practicing hard for it. Anyways because of the practice I am in big trouble today.

As I reached my house, I saw the door opened ajar. But mom never leaves the door ajar, I felt suspicious and got alerted. I took out my pocket knife and started walking inside the house slowly.

As I entered the hall, There standing was a tall and well built man, He was a stranger. As he realised that I was standing behind him, he slowly turned around. He was quite handsome. But I didn't knew him and he was in my house with my mother's shopping bag in his hands and mom was nowhere to be seen. 

He looked at me up and down as if checking me out and smirked.

Seeing that he is smirking at me after having the nerve of checking me out, I fumed and took a step towards him. "Who are you? And what are you doing in my house? Are you a thief? and what the hell are you doing with my mother's bag?" I said threateningly and authoritatively while clutching the pocket knife in my hand tightly not pointing at him yet.

His smirk didn't faltered but he slowly took a step towards me and said"Darling, do I look like a thief?" Suddenly pretending to be hurt. I was now furious and was going to answer him, when my mom decided to finally show her presence and entered the hall looking more furious than me.

"Sabrina, is this the way you behave with the guests?" She rhetorically asked and glared at me. Then turned to look at that thief guy and smiled and said " Sorry, this is my daughter, She must have seen the door ajar and had misunderstood you as a thief" mom explained on my behalf. And turned to look at me smiling "Sabrina because you were not picking up my calls and were not able to come and pick me up from the mall, I had decided to walk with all these things alone to the house, but fortunately as I was exiting the mall this gentleman saw me and offered help to me and so that is why I was able to reach home safely without tripping and breaking my bones. You should thank this gentleman and apologise to him" said mom while dangerously glaring at me. Oh... So this is what happened. Shit! He helped mom, gave my proxy and I called him a thief.

I looked up to see that guy staring at me intently and my mother glaring at me, " I am Sorry, I misunderstood the situation and called you a thief, and thank you for helping my mother." I apologised and smiled at him. I moved my hand forward for him to shake and introduced myself "Hi, I am Sabrina, Sabrina Romano." 

After hearing my name he smiled with I don't know respect and amusement maybe, then he too chucked his hand forward and shook my hand and said " I am Nate, Nate King." And smirked once again.

To be Continued...