Rest

I've always struggled to sleep.

I guess a professional would diagnose me with insomnia or something or other but I don't think it's that.

I think that it's been I've always struggled with controlling my dream traversing abilities.

Unlike Nightmare, (who is perfect in every way [sarcasm]) who never had a problem with when he went into dreams.

Never helped with it me either, the bastard.

But lately, I've been trying to sleep more. Blue, the poor guy, worries about me too much.

So, we've been sleeping in the same bed together. Blue says he doesn't dream much and I have a higher chance of going into the dream of someone I'm right next to. So if he doesn't dream, then I'm not in any danger of being unwillingly transported.

And, y'know, I get to sleep next to him.

I haven't been sleeping though. It's not because of anything, it's just purely of my own choosing.

I've been watching him sleep. Which sounds creepy as hell, but I promise it isn't.

Blue's usually so anxiety-ridden, he's so nervous about the well-being of others that he's withering himself away. It's noble (I guess), but god is it detrimental to his health.

He isn't always filled with anxiety (and I'm glad when he isn't) but good heavens, does it sap his energy from him.

I've been helping him through this (to the best of my ability, he's ungodly stubborn [probably why I like him so much]).

But we're here, like this, so close, he looks so calm. He looks like this very rarely when we're awake. His eyes softly closed, lips slightly parted as he breathed.

God, fuck, he is so hot.

When he isn't bogged down by his anxiety, god is he a flamboyant pain in my ass (the good kind). When we train with swords, he moves with such sass and grace it's almost hypnotic.

And, when our faces get especially close, just a pair of swords between us, he grins. A smirk no short of mischievous.

Fuck fuck fuuuck, does he make me want to straddle his waist on our bed as I tie him up tight and-

Woah.

Okay.

Calm down.

The fuck.

Jesus.

Control yourself Dream.

I exhale softly onto his face, a small part of his bangs shifting back and forth as I did so.

My right hand comes up from below me and holds his cheek. I run my fingers over his cheek and then his lips, feeling every part of his face.

He was so soft, so warm, so cute, I just wanted to hold him close and never let go.

I scooted closer to him, placing his face in my chest. I wrapped my arms around him, the bottom half of my face getting buried in his curly hair.

I felt my eyes begin to close, despite my efforts to stay awake and watch Blue as he slept, so peaceful...

His gentle heartbeat and soft breaths must've lulled me to sleep.

Before I lost consciousness, I remember being so warm, so careless. So full of love. I remember wanting to spend the rest of my life with him (despite the immortality [I'm going to outlive him fuck fuck fuck fuck]).

It had been a long time since I was last able to say this, but I do, I really really do. I think I love him.

I think I'm really in love with him.

-💙-💛-🌈-💛-💙-

:3

-Fallen

577 Words