Fever

Pic of Rhius on the side...

And up I was.

His fever didn't break until sunrise this morning. To my surprise though, I wasn't even tired. Just wary. I hope he gets up soon. Wonder who could have shot him? Who would?

An ex maybe? A baby mama?

I was broken out of my musings by his groan. He shot up quickly and held his side.

"Hey, hey now. Not so fast. You took a pretty bad bullet." He groaned some more as I sat him up against the wall. "Even got a fever. You should be more careful. It's dangerous out here, especially at night." I got him the bottle of cold water I left in the ice and the food I left in the sun to reheat.

He tried hard to hold the plate but I could tell his side was hurting too bad. I crawled over and took the plate from him gently. I took out some of the food and held the spoon to his lips. He didn't open his mouth, only stared at me. A bit too long for my liking.

I sighed in exasperation. "It's not poisoned if that's what you're thinking." I took a spoon and put some in my hand and ate it. "See?"

I took up the spoon and put it to his lips and this time he opened his mouth. He slowly took it into his mouth took his sweet time letting go of it. I waited until he was done before taking up another spoon and putting it to his lips. Soon his food was done and I gave him some of the water again.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"It doesn't matter. Just consider it a favor and you can just be on your way."

"You expect me to just leave after you've saved my life?"

"Yes, pretty much." I started picking up everything I put down for him to sleep on the night before.

"There is nothing you want? I'm sure I can afford it."

"No sir, there isn't."

"Jewels, a mansion, a yacht, a car-"

"No!"

He stood behind me shocked at my outburst.

"Then at least tell me your name."

I sighed. This man just didn't give up did he?

"Please. Tell me your name."

"Regina Delmont."

Not a second after, he pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed someone.

"I told you I don't want anything!"

He grabbed my hand and backed me up against the wall. I would be lying if I told you that I wasn't afraid. It's almost as if the man created the dominant and dangerous aura that radiated off him. He looked deep into my eyes as I stared back into his. Many emotions flashed inside them at once before they turned blank. I wasn't a fool; a storm was behind those passive eyes.

"Did you know a boy named Rhius Salvatore?"

I couldn't help but look down. "I used to. Do you know where he is?"

"Yes, I do. I take it you were good friends?"

"He was the only person I had other than my mother. We used to laugh together and hang out and he even carried me home to his family one day. I thought life couldn't get any better. Until I went home."

"What happened?" he asked a bit too eagerly.

It could be my imagination. "Many things. Terrible things. After that my mother died but not before my father abandoned us. And I was left alone."

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"Don't be. Is Rhius alright? I bet he looks like his father. They always looked alike. It's been so long though. I'm sure I wouldn't even recognize him. Where is he now?"

Before he could answer me, some men burst through my door. If you consider it one that is.

"Thank heavens you're alright! Dad would have had a cow if we didn't find you!"

A familiar man with black hair walked through the door with a gun in hand and others behind him. I knew I knew the one that just walked in but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I looked at him and back at the man I was tending to last night.

"Good to see you too brother. Do me a favor boys; get her." Two men stepped forward and grabbed my arms.

"What! Let go! I said I don't want anything!" I tried to wrestle out of their hands but came to a stop as they stood in front of their so called 'Boss.'

"It doesn't matter what you said cara. I have plans for you."

He walked out and the men that held my arms walked after. Something in me snapped and I stopped suddenly and pretended to fall. Before I landed on the ground as they bent to help me up, I bent and kicked one in the jewels and head butted the other. I ran as fast as I could but was caught by four more of them.

"Ahh!" I groaned in frustration as the Boss and his brother laughed.

————————————————-

Hey Guys!! Hope you're enjoying the book so far. This is the first time I've written something like this so tell me what you think, vote and leave a response.

love you lots!

Ezmerelda