Chapter 19 - Welcome Home!

Start from the beginning

"I remember that recipe," said Link. "I hope you used enough fish."

"Spoken like a true Zora, Dad!" laughed Midon. "I double-checked that we did. Making the soup was a joint family effort - we never made soup before."

Then Mila reached out to Link, and they embraced once again.

"I'm thrilled you did this, Dad, for Mom's sake and yours too," said Mila. "And I realize now you were right."

"I'm glad I did too, but right about what?"

"About ending your journal," said Mila. "You were right all along."

"We're still discussing that?" laughed Link. "I thought we settled all that months ago. So what makes you surface it now?"

"Because today marks the start of an exciting new journey through life for you and Mom," said Mila. "And it deserves to be preserved in a new journal."

Link laughed.

"So, in saying I'm right, you're really saying you're right about the need for me to have a new journal, aren't you?" laughed Link as he gave her a squeeze and kissed her on the cheek.

"You're catching on, Dad," laughed Midon. "My dear sister has a way of always getting what she wants, doesn't she?"

"Let's eat before you two start a fight," laughed Mipha. "I'm starving."

"We all are - we waited for you so we could eat together," said Lapha.

They served Link his soup and Mipha her fish, then they all sat down with their own food.

"Why are you only eating crabs, Midon?" Mipha asked after swallowing a bite of fish.

"The price of losing our race at East Resevoir Lake!" laughed Mila. "And what makes it even funnier is it was his own idea. 'Loser eats crabs for dinner,' he said to me as we began the race."

"I like crabs anyway," said Midon after sticking his tongue out at Mila.

Link took a small sip of soup and choked slightly but then swallowed it successfully.

"Easy does it, dear," said Mipha. "This is your first time eating with your new body."

"You're right. But the soup is delicious! Thank you."

After finishing their meals, Mipha thought a visit to her father and brother was appropriate.

"Come, sweetheart, let's make the rest of the family happy," said Mipha as she took Link's hand. "I know Father will be thrilled."

"Thanks again for the soup," said Link as he rose from the table. "Hopefully, by tomorrow, I can eat normally again."

"Let's hope the lake has enough fish to handle that," teased Mipha. "Let's go!"

After Mipha and Link left, Lapha turned to Mila.

"You're sure everything is ready for the party tomorrow?" asked Lapha.

"Yes, Tila arranged for the music by asking the Cross-Currents to come here and play, and I arranged for the food," said Mila. "Midon must have done something too, but I forget what it was."

"Very funny, Mi," said Midon. "I sent out the secret invitations to the rest of the Domain, remember? Oh, wait - did I forget your invitation?"

"Come on, you two," laughed Lapha. "Sometimes I think I'm the adult in the pool!"

Meanwhile, King Dorephan and Sidon were together in the throne room, and both were happy to see Link finally home.

"So, is this time for good, Link?" said King Dorephan. "I understand this was a deeper, more complete change than before."