Camilo x Reader

I cannot physically and mentally go on with y'all nor the names of y'alls reading lists (would include more, but damn they too weird)

unhappy_snoopy

rageingqueerkid

rageingqueerkid

@nicSimp

.3rd Person.

A normal day like any other- almost.

You were walking around trying to find Camilo somewhere in the encanto, starting with a place where he usually hangs around entertaining kids for a bit when he was done with his chores.

And there he was, shapeshifting into all kinds of people that you usually see greeting you by simply going around the village.

,,Camilo!!" The boy who was a girl-
the girl who was boy?-
The boy who had shapeshifted into a girl now looked at you, quickly shapeshifting back.

,,¡Mi cielo!, ¿como estas?", He says cupping your cheeks, giving you a small peck. ,,I'm doing great, milo. You got time or still busy?"

Camilo turned around and looked at the kids, only to see them standing right beside the two of you, almost in the middle even.

,,You can't take him away yet Y/N, it was getting super fun!", one said while another agreed: ,,Yeah! Can you go and do the boring things you usually do, or stay here with us instead of taking him with you?"

Your nose crunched at the first question the kid asked. ,,Ay feisty eh? I don't know though, maybe Cecelia is causing trouble with her friends again, I was supposed to look after her."

,,You were what?! What even are you doing here-" ,,Pssht Camilo, you know my parents are close to hers so she nags to me quite often. And I love Cecelia, I really do- but today isn't even my babysitting duty. I'm tired!!"

Camilo bit lightly into your hand that was covering his mouth, making you yelp. ,,Why not just say so, eh querido/a?"

A few of the boys ew'ed at the sight along with 2 girls, while the others were all up on it.

,,When are you going to get married?", asked a girl in all seriousness, without hesitation nor blinking.

,,Maybe in a few years? 15 is quite the young age you know."
Chuckling you realized the kids were giggling and staring into Camilos direction.

You look down to find him dramatically pose with a hand on his forehead. ,,Cariño you hurt my feelings! You..you hurt me!!" A dramatic sigh followed by a ,,Y/N!! Quick, you need to marry Camilo, look what you diiid!!"

,,Ay dios mío santo, I- uh I-"
You looked around and tried to get on one knee to satisfy the kids around you and play pretend to propose to Camilo who was still in full element of exaggeration.

,,See, you guys!! They hesitated! I guess there'll be no wedding, nor cake!" He jumped up just as dramatically as he had let himself fall to the ground before.

He started to kind of jog away elegantly and still.. who called it- dramatically, wiping an invisible tear, shapeshifting into one of the women he first caught sight on.

The kids and you stopped walking after him after witnessing the scenario. An actual proposal!!

,,Mi corazón, mi vida ,ny cielo y mi luna. ¿Te casarías conmigo?"
A small crowd has been gathered, awing in anticipation, including you.

It was your first time seeing a crowd proposal like this, and you were happy to witness it.
The almost soon to be fiancé posed dramatically.

,,Ay mi amor! You know our love is forbidden. I simply cannot, goodbye mi vida!!"
She took off running a bit too lady like.

Everyone looked at each other.
What just happened?
The man still on one knee looking after the woman he had just proposed to, quite dumbfounded. Though you knew exactly what had happened.

,,Señor, there was a bit of a misunderstanding perhaps." You said, pointing at the actual woman he planned on proposing to.

He gladly smiled at you, before running towards her and repeating what he had just done with... oh well.

Everyone started cheering, she said yes!! You knew there'd be a party soon enough anyway.

You left the kids as they were still staring at the now engaged couple, while the crowd slowly loosened.

Not to far away behind a tree near la casa Madrigal, you found him, tears in his eyes and still snickering.

,,Oh, mi vi- pfft.. Hola mi vida. I'm soohrr-" He blasted into a full laughter again, holding his stomach.

You recalled everything that happened in the past 30 minutes, trying not to laugh yourself so you could scold Camilo.

,,Camilo, what the hell is wrong with you?"
Now he's serious, standing still and ready to be scolded.
You started laughing, laughing so loud it was hard for the family to hear.

,,So you-" your laugh cut you off. ,,You wanted a proposal so bad, and yet...pffft you still said no?!" Both of you started hollering again, tears in eyes rolling on the ground.

,,Are you guys done, my eardrums are about to explode. I don't know if you could tell but I kind of got a hearing gift going on!!"

You held your mouths, trying to be as quite as possible as you leaned against a tree sitting on the ground.

,,I hope Dolores births a child that has a similar gift to yours, and does the same when you want to propose."

Camilo snickered wiggling his eyebrows. ,,So you do want to spent your life with me, eh?"