Chapter 38 - about time

Start from the beginning

" French toast will be fine " I said and he nodded.

Oh wait I forgot I was supposed to be apparently meeting someone.

" Janessa " I heard from behind me which made me quickly turn around and I saw it was Stephanie.

I looked her up and down and you can tell she's nervous- she has that thing where she moves her hands a lot.

" What's wrong? " I asked and she looked behind me for a quick second then back at me.

" regrèt mwen jis pa vle jennen tèt mwen " she said and i nodded.
( sorry i just don't want to embarrass myself )

" Lenard we'll be back " I said and got up and grabbed Stephanie's hand before dragging her away.

" I'm not going far so let's go here " I said once we got in front of the guest room and we walked in.

I stood by the door and she sat on the bed- i have a feeling what this conversation is going to be about.

" is there something you want me to explain? " I asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

" well what do you mean by you didn't want to embarrass yourself? " I asked after a few seconds and went and sat down beside her.

" I want you and not only as a friend " she said and i nodded.

" Will you go out- " she started.

" I'm sorry but unfortunately I can't do that " I said cutting her off and she was about to speak again until I did.

" I'm just kidding of course I will- took you long enough to ask me " I said laughing.

" yeah that's not funny " she said and I shrugged my shoulders.

" eh kinda was " I said and it went silent so I looked at her only to see her looking at me.

" people don't normally kiss before they go on dates but who cares " I said and kissed her to which she instantly kissed back.

< ANTHONY'S POV >

" Good morning Lenard, wasn't Janessa down here? " I asked as I got to the kitchen.

" yes she said she'd be back shortly- she was with her friend " he said and I heard footsteps coming up behind me.

" Morning brother from another mother " I heard diana say and she sat beside me.

" wait so if you're h- ohh! " I said cutting myself off.

Honestly all I can say is it's about time.

" you're weird but it's okay because I love it, what's on the menu chef? " she asked turning to Lenard.

" French toast with fruit " he said and she nodded.

" Where is Janessa and Stephanie? " she asked.

" they are having a discussion about their issues " i said and lenard handed me my usual black coffee.

" would you like any drink in specific? " lenard asked Diana.

" orange juice is fine " she said and lenard nodded before waking to the refrigerator.

My phone went off and I quickly pulled it out to see who it was.

Bethany:
Can I come now?

Me:
Give me five minutes

I sat my phone down and internally sighed.