Chapter 1 - Part 5 "Ability"

Ayanokouji POV

"I see. Then I should assume you've made contact with Chaldea. Is there any correlation between that and them saving the Earth."

"Correct. To be precise, I was their enemy. I was not the one who caused the events to transpire. I had just found an opportunity to destroy Pan Human History and replace it with the Kingdom of Britain that I have ruled."

... What a terrifying woman. To say such things casually...

"That scale seems absurd. I assume then that you can't reach your full power right now?"

"No. It's impossible for me to reach that level in this current era."

"That's unfortunate. But, about the magus that tried to summon you. It's not possible to investigate him any further unless I ask a favor from the director of this school."

"Then the investigation stops here for now. My husband, you said you would demonstrate your ability to me."

"Right. Well, this is the first time I've told anyone about this ability. And frankly, it's not something I'd want if I wasn't a magus."

I grabbed two plastic knives whetstone from the items I bought. These two items would be perfect for a demonstration. She seemed to wonder what I was about to do. I grabbed the first knife and put its blade on the whetstone.

"Normally, this knife would break when I would try to cut this whetstone."

I applied pressure on the knife and it bent and broke into pieces.

"I'm not going use any spell. However, I can see lines on the whetstone. And if I follow these lines with the knife..."

The brittle knife sliced into the stone as if it was a soft block of cheese. It seemed like an impossible event.

"Well, simply put, I can see the weak points of objects."

"?"

Morgan was surprised. She had a troubled expression on her face. This power was something she was familiar with. I had never learned anything about this ability. There were no records in books and learning materials.

"What do you mean? Explain further."

"I can see red lines and points on objects and people. If I trace these lines and points with something that is able to fit, something like a ruler or knife, it would simply pass through the object without any resistance, even if I put in only minimal force."

"..."

She was deeply troubled at first. But then she put on a smile. A smile that confirmed she was elated.

"To think you would also have that power. It seems I was very fortunate to be the one you summoned. My husband, you possess an ability thought of as a myth. Perhaps you didn't know of its circumstances because of its rarity. What you see right now are not merely just the weak points of an object. What you see is their death."

"...Their death?"

"My husband, can you see these lines in every single thing you see?"

"Yes."

"Nothing can escape death. Death is something that doesn't arrive, it is already embedded in an object as something that will inevitably happen. What you see is the fate of everything. Your eyes are similar to ones that can see the future. Your Mystic Eyes are very rare. So much in fact that, it is thought of as a mere legend."

"So that's why there was nothing I could find out about it. But, no matter how powerful it is, it still has some drawbacks. For one, I can't deactivate them. For quite a few years now, it was only when I closed my eyes that I was free from these lines. For another, it would give me painful headaches whenever I deactivate Memory Partition or Thought Acceleration."

"I see. So that's why you use Memory Partition most of the time. Your brain needs to process the information to be able to see them. You might die just by simply using your eyes without Memory Partition or Thought Acceleration. If your brain isn't able to handle it, it might cause a blood vessel to rupture. But to have it be active for a few years and still live. It would drive a person to madness. You should have lost your sanity."

She gazed at me intently. I could already tell where she was going.

"Tell me, my husband, how was your upbringing?"

I remained silent.

"You're conflicted as to whether to tell me or not. Then let me put your mind at ease. I lost my 'sanity' two thousand years before I died. To be more precise, that's when everything became clear to me. I only needed to rule Britain. You said you only wanted to gain your freedom. Then tell me, what have you been through?"

After a few moments of thinking and deliberating what I should do...

"... Fine... You're the first person I've told this... I was a product of my father... I was raised to become his idea of a perfect human. And he had the resources to do so. All my life, before I escaped to this school, I was trapped in a facility and so were other children. We were taught to fight and study, to the point where we would compete with adult professionals and accomplished magi. Of course, some couldn't keep up and I was left alone in my generation. Put it simply, we were an experiment for him. He wanted me to rule Japan in his stead. I never got to experience a normal life, so I escaped to this school. But his resources reach far enough that once I am to officially leave this school, I'd be back to that place."

"I see. That's why you would want the Holy Grail to grant your freedom."

"If it was as simple as killing him, I would've gone for his head already. Unfortunately, it wouldn't just be him that would be trying to find me. It would be all his investors as well. At that point, I would have never had the chance to live the normal life I wanted."

"Don't worry my husband, I will grant you the chance to kill him and you can have the Grail take care of the rest. But for now, there seems to be a foolish Servant who entered the school grounds."

A/N: Well, to the Type-Moon fans, I finally revealed his ability. Though, I kept referencing it in the previous chapters by saying 'broken world' and his ability giving him headaches. And the next chapter finally has the first battle.