Mono X Reader X Runaway Kid P.2

Y/N Pov

Shifting onto your feet you ignored the strangers voice and started to run back down the hallway you had came from, your mind was reeling with thoughts about all of the recent of events of the day.

You stumbled slightly when heavier footsteps could be heard pursuing you, risking a small glance back over your shoulder you gasped a bit at the sight of the person from that room following after you.

Speeding up your pace you started to use the shortcuts that you had memorized from your time upon the maw to lose them off of your tracks, with agility you quickly slipped into a small hole and crouched down staying extra quiet.

You could hear the footsteps falter and become quiet, waiting out for a few minutes you slowly peeked your head out of the hole being cautious you looked around making sure that they were definitely gone.

Slipping out of the hole once you were certain nobody was there you sighed out and rubbed your knee that was banged a bit from when you had gotten startled, turning around you started to head back towards your safe area.

You let out a small groan when you bumped into something "what the-" touching your head you looked up in confusion only to step backwards when you were faced with the same person from not even a few minutes ago.

Blinking in shock you tried to run away again only for your wrist to be grasped onto and held still by them. You started to tug your hand to get it free "stop im not trying to hurt you"

You reluctantly ceased your tugging "you could probably show me that without holding me still" the person sighed "yeah I would have if you weren't running away each time I approached you"

Your eyes widened "okay well you literally came out of a TV! that's not normal even for this place!" Slowly the bag was lifted off of their face and you noticed that they were a boy. "Speaking of 'this' place , where are we?"

You rolled your eyes slightly "well you certainly shouldn't have came here this place is basically a shit hole, anyways it's called the maw" he furrowed his eyebrows at you "where I came from wasn't exactly the greatest either."

You tilted your head a bit "are you saying the outside world is even worse??" He nodded his head without any hesitation "yeah it's just as shitty"

You weren't too surprised just a little disappointed in the news you heard. "Well that's just lovely" sighing you tried to think of what to do next. "I'm assuming you're not gonna let us just go our separate ways?"

He slowly nodded "why would we not stick together?" He sounded slightly confused. You let out a loud laugh "uhh probably because there are a ton of backstabbing bitches around here" you had witnessed many people get traded out for the simplest of things like some bread.

"Anyways whats up with the bag on your head?? You got some fashion statement or something?" This time he let out a short laugh "no not really" tilting you heard you waited for him to elaborate more

"Well if you're planning on staying around me longer you better not be hiding some razor sharp teeth under that bag or anything else creepy" he nodded his head "yeah no I don't have anything like that, it would have been rather useful though"

"Okay well whatever just follow me and try to stay quiet until we reach my place." you turned around and slipped through a small crack advancing forward while not bothering to see if he was following or not.

Shortly after you guys were about halfway towards your destination a loud commotion could be heard ahead just like a bit earlier when you were snooping around.

Carefully creeping forward you peeked outside and squinted to see what exactly was happening now. you almost let out a gasp when a form was pressed up behind you also trying to see what was happening, you were about to tell him off for getting so close

Opening your mouth only to close it when you suddenly locked eyes with yet another stranger just a couple of feet across from you. This person was definitely the same guy from earlier that was running from the chefs, he looked to be out of breath and probably hungry

Instead of running away from him like you had earlier with the bag dude which you just realized you didn't even know his name. you headed over to him making sure to be slow in case he thought you were a threat

His head snapped up to you as you started to speak "hey.. hey it's okay you look really tired do you want some food and a place to rest?" His eyes seemed to relax from their alarmed state at the sound of your soothing voice

He only nodded at you, holding out you hand you helped him stand up more. Turning around you were about to continue heading to your place when the bag guy scoffed "man why were you so nice to him?? You ran like a crazy person away from me!"

"Oh stop being jealous we have to get to my place quickly this place gets rather quirky at night. The monsters seem to bug out."

You shushed him when he seemed to look like he wanted to say more. You were still holding onto the smaller boy'a hand as you guided him to your area. You felt someone else take your other hand into theirs. You just rolled your eyes in amusement.

Finally reaching the cloth covered hole you reluctantly let go of their hands and pulled the cloth aside, you went in first and gestured for them to follow after you.

You pulled yourself up the hole and helped them up into your room. All of you were squished in seeing as you didn't really expect company.

"Well.. um welcome I guess."