Crazy

Four days... that's how long it's been since the rumors started spreading. Some people would holler "Hazey Haley". Most people just avoided me. And, teachers would often keep me after class asking "Do you need to talk?"

        Even Veronica had a pitying look on her face every time she saw me. I would ask what's wrong, but she would act like nothing was. It started driving me crazy. I needed to know what they were saying.

        So, I tried going school forums asking about the rumor. However no one would say anything. They probably thought I was a teacher or some other authoritative figure.

        Today though someone had shoved a note saying they'll tell me what the rumors were saying at the forest stream after school end. In return I had to tell the truth based on my side. Sure it could definitely be a trap, but I needed to know.

        So, here I was waiting at one part of the stream after school. I waited until it started getting dark. Great what a waste of time I thought...

      Snap! Someone was behind... Fuck all I could grab in defense were rocks. I picked up the biggest one I could find and spun around....

      "Veronica?!?" I screamed. What was she doing here? Did she? "I know you have so many questions but first tell me about what you think happened to Priest Sheraz's daughter" she demanded.

       I stood there in shock. I knew this day would have had to come... But, here and now? And more importantly with her...

       I would have had already killed her if she were someone else... However as much as I don't want to admit it, I liked her a lot. I gulped I needed to tell her something though. And, I wanted to lie but her eyes wouldn't let me.

       "I killed her... I-I-I knoc-cked her out with a br-ranch... It was an accident though! A-and, I kn-now it certainly did-dn't warrant me throwing h-her in the hole... But," I explained. She stared down at her shoe looking stumped. 

        "Is there anything else like something small?" she asked. "Uhhh, Yes! There was a poster I put it in my back... what it's not there!" I shouted. "What was it about?" she asked. "Last years, Young Reader's club... I know it sounds weird but it's true..." I responded. Why is she asking so many questions?

        "It isn't though,"she said, "Because that's not what everyone else says... Hell it's not just that I had a talk with Axel... he said that one day you entered home room with him. You were all fine and happy. Then, when Mr. Haas greeted you... well got upset. So, Axel grabbed your arm to shake you. You then throw him to the ground and run..." 

           I started,"T-that's not what" "Happened?" she interrupted, "Look I know this may come as a shock but you sense things differently then others. What one may say is false you may say is true... which made me come to the conclusion you may have schizophrenia."

           "Schizophrenia? Are you telling me I'm crazy?" I shouted. "No, though you do need help you aren't crazy. Look I know this maybe hard to come to terms with... but together we can go to a walk in therapy building... you and I could both talk to them and explain... they're there to help people." she said

         I just stood there and stared for awhile. "So, if I've been living a lie this whole time... what happened to her?" "Some dude found her on the ground after you hit her... he well touched her in a very naughty way... she started to wake up during it so he killed her... It wasn't your fault it happened though... no one could have figured someone would do that especially a young teen."

       I then ran towards her and hugged her tight. "I'm so sorry" I sobbed. I started crying in her chest and we ended up staying like that the whole night. She rubbed my back and kept saying reassuring words until I passed out...