I overthought too much that i didn't realize he was making his way over to me again.
i instantly feel a nudge to the head.
i flinch at the sudden touch and look up at him.

"idiot. did you hear me?" he snaps taking his hand away. i shake my head scratching my head in confusion. he rolls his eyes at me but i see the smallest smile ever come from his lips.

"you remind me of takumi. no idea what's going on in that head of yours." he says pulling out another cigarette as he sits on the guardrail. i raise my eyebrow at his actions. i could use one.
i swipe the cancer stick out of his hands and use my lighter on my keys to light it up myself.

"thanks." i take a breathe of it as he scoffs. and then he's back again with his irritated look.
"brat." he mutters under his breath. i smile subtly as he shakes his head.

"gotta watch what you do or you're gonna deal with the consequences." he looks at me with daring eyes. the adrenaline runs through my veins as i decide to get closer to his face trying to intimidate him.

"is that a warning?" i whisper as i hear a loud grip of the guard rail. i look down and i see his hand hold the steel tightly, his veins from his hands popping out. did intimidating him work so quick?

i suddenly feel a shadow engulf me as he stands up blocking the view of the city. i felt my breath get shaky though i was confused why this effect was happening.
what the hell.

"tough talk for you squirt. especially to someone who used to be in a gang." he chuckles.

he did not just fucking call me that.

i recover quick and look up at him. he stares down at me like he's solving a puzzle.

"its feeling more like a threat now." i smirk knowing he. won't. do. shit.

he creates distance suddenly as i let out a relieving breath.
"cant tell if i'm gonna hate you or stand you." he says turning away walking back to his fd. i laugh at his remark.

"couldn't give a damn either way." i said to myself, taking another puff. i see him make his usual irritated face, signing that he heard what i said. he opens the door and our eyes meet one last time.

"later, squirt."
"fuck off."
and then his engine roared as he sped off into the night.
~
my eyes shoot open in confusion as i hear the knocking of my bedroom door.
"you're late stupid. wake up." i hear hazel's voice coming from the other side of my door. i pick up my mini clock and i was in fact an hour late of our usual time. i groan and roll out of my bed and then i hit the floor with a thud. i wince at the impact my vision blurring for a couple seconds.

what was that dream? who was that guy?
it felt so real. so familiar in a way. what the hell is going on.
my thoughts were getting jumbled as i threw my clothes on ignoring the nagging comments of hazel through my door.

"shut up i'm coming." i say opening the door revealing their angry face. she grabs my hand pulling me through the house then outside to my car.
"ay i didn't eat yet." i tiredly say fumbling with the keys to unlock it.
"remember when you said i should eat more?" she straightens her lips at my comment but doesn't budge.
"it's the consequences you get for being late. let's move now. we can't waste the precious time. we are expecting project d soon. god knows when." i roll my eyes at the thoughts clouding up my head like yesterday.
how good can these guys be?

and then we were off. starting with uphill training was first. when it comes to my 300zx, this fairladyz has the package.

with it being already 11 am. it started getting gloomy by the time we were done with practicing for the day. the rain generously sprinkled onto the blacktop.
hazel chuckles as i raise an eyebrow at her actions.

"remember your first race in the rain ivy?" she asks. my mind goes blank as i try to remember. there were so many races i couldn't seem to keep count or even worse remember when where why and how.

"wow. i don't." she gives me a flat draining look. following with me giving a look as if to mentally beg her not to butcher me about my awful memory.

"well anyways....i think that was one of my favorite races, so far at least." she smiles at the memory. i kinda feel awful that i don't remember a damn thing, but it didn't really hurt me that much in the end either way. or so i thought.
i shrugged off the uneasy feeling and continued my way out.
"your race between the dk of california? you are kidding iv, how can you forget?" hazel groans in disappoint.
"the race was too good to pass up and the amount of people was astronomical. i know most races you don't care to fry in ur memory but i know you take a piece of each race to your head and heart each time, regardless."

i never really thought about that. is there that much to myself that i don't know of?

"maybe. but i don't feel it." i glum at the thought of me not being motivated. but i just can't right now. if hazel's thinking is right and if i find good competition, i might be able find a new feeling for this racing thing. all the races i've been in were repetitive.

"and like i said, when you have a good enough race, i bet you will." she smiles looking out at the window.
i examine her face, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"have you ever thought about racing, hazel? you seem to be more interested in that aspect." her eyes widen a bit then she laughs.

"you know i'm more of a watcher ivy. i only started finding interest when you started racing, remember that." i look back at the road in silence.

my stomach growls unexpectedly. i take one of my hands off the wheel to feel my stomach.my anger starts to boil within me while looking at hazel.

"you couldn't just let me eat after i woke up?" i scoff at the amused look plastered on her face.
"chill out firecracker, let's grab something to eat then." she giggles. her phone suddenly rings and her voice mutes. she picks up her phone as i steal glances from the road to her.

"it's your boss. shit i really hope it isn't what i think it is. he usually never calls me first." she mutters under her breath. she presses the accept button and puts it on speaker.

"project d was seen in the area i heard. they beat the Atlanta Powers best racer. ivy is next."

~~