<<Something Familiar>>

~~🚗<<IVY's POV>>

~~🚗
<<IVY's POV>>

i lean silently on my ride taking in the city lights over the mountain. this is something i did after every night drive i had by myself, i didn't have the chance to do these often. suddenly i feel eyes bore into my body. i snap my head to the direction and his dark eyes suck me in immediately at the time we made eye contact. he pulls out a cigarette and lights it, taking a breath immediately.
his naturally angry eyes tell me his brain is in a different mode, that he has switched gears.

"you piss me off." he grumbles leaning on the hood of his fd. his eye contact was fierce almost trying to figure something out by looking at me. his harsh stare had my face heated and my blood boiling already.

"i didn't think coming to america would mean dealing with a brat like you."
he snarks. i give him the eyes almost daring him to continue. since when did he get here anyway?

"didn't think project d had someone so obnoxious. guess we are even." i smirk at him. he strides over a couple feet away from me and sits on the guardrail facing towards me.
"top racer is a little girl with her cocky ride. yet such a big attitude." he shakes his head giving the view a glance. i fumble with my keys in my hand, giving them a little toss to relax myself.

"anything else?" i chuckle trying not to plan out this mans death. his face becomes colder. i look away for a moment and the next moment i turn my head and he was closer than ever. i stare deeply into his eyes as i wait for his attacking messages. it takes me awhile to register how close he got until we are almost touching noses.

"it sickens me that it had to be someone like you so talented. yet cant appreciate the abilities you have. that's what sickens me the most." he said it so thoroughly the words fell from his tongue as if he was holding it back for awhile. he pulls his face away and drops the butt of his cigarette on the ground, stepping on it.

"i'm sorry you feel that way. doesn't mean you are right about me though." i stare longly at the flashing lights among the city, almost spacing off, not making eye contact. "if anything you shouldn't assume so much about an individual that you really don't know anything about." i stand there for awhile waiting for his response but i get nothing. i look over to see him spaced off as well. he looks down at the ground his angry eyes still furrowed like before. i smile to myself.

such a bitter man.

"then tell me what i should know about you." he says coming slightly closer.
"why do you race?" he asks, his voice getting less tense. i chuckle slightly at the question.
i never really have thought of something like that.
"i don't know to be honest. it came naturally to me back them." i started as i played with my hands.
"racing is one thing but something about driving in general puts me at ease." i look up at him and his expression is unreadable. what's his reason for asking?
the way he talks to me is passionately hateful.
the look in his eyes shows signs of killing almost.
I wonder what caused his angry mood all the time. it's almost captivating. it makes me want to know more.
is that the way he feels to?
what am i to him to make him curious?