Chapter 33: 'What'd I Miss?'

RECAP:

He stopped pacing locked gazes with mine, and raised the hand holding the knife. "Correction: it is you who will be needing help once-" The sound of someone hurriedly running up the flat stairs, interrupted him.

"Victoria?!" Called a concerned voice, that I knew all too well. My heart fluttered at the sound.

He came.

VICTORIA'S POV

"Marcus!" I called, relief saturated in my voice.

Marcus appeared at my doorway, wearing a black suit which accentuated his broad shoulders and lean build. The sleeve of his suit was ripped, his hair disheveled and he seemed out of breath. Nonetheless, he still managed to look irresistibly handsome. His eyes landed on me as they examined my body for any injuries.

Once he was satisfied that I was not harmed, surprise and grim was evident on his features at the sight of Alexis unconscious body on the floor and Michael Gory standing a few feet from me, with a blood stained knife at hand.

Michael grinned menacingly at Marcus as if he had just won the lottery. "It so nice of you to drop by unexpectedly, but since you're here then you might as well join in on the fun; you can be a new addition to my body count." Michael raised his knife then glanced at me suggestively. "Let's make this interesting shall we?"

"Don't you dare touch here!" Marcus warned.

"Oh, I intend to do more than just touch her-" Before Michael could finish his taunt, Marcus charged at him like a raging bull. I held my breath as they struggled. Michael attempted to slash Marcus' side but the attack was thwarted. As they grappled, the knife dropped to the floor and fists started flying. Both men trying to get the upper hand as grunts and growls escaped their lips. I felt so helpless as Michael headbutted Marcus. Marcus stumbled backwards, momentarily dazed. Michael wasted no time in striking a blow to Marcus' face. My heart wenched as blood trickled from his nose.

Before Michael could inflict anymore blows, I made a war cry as I jumped on to his back. I hooked my arm around his neck attempting to cut off his air supply. Michael tried to shake me off as I tightened my chokehold. He stumbled backwards and rammed me against the wall. Pain shot through my back and head as I dropped to the floor with a thud.

Marcus tackled Michael to the ground. My eyes scanned the room for the knife as they continued to struggle, while Marcus straddled Michael as he threw punches, although most of them were blocked. The knife was a few centimetres next to Michael's head.

My eyes widened.

They both seemed to notice the location of the knife simultaneously, and made a grab for it.

Michael was faster.

It all seemed a blur. I ran and pushed Marcus out of the way as Michael made a slash for him.

I hardly even felt it.

The adrenaline masked most of the pain.

"Victoria!"

The sound of footsteps sounded.

"POLICE!!"

I watched as Michael Gory fought against the police's attempts to disarm him.

The sight of my own blood caused me to tremble. Concern and panic plagued Marcus' face as he held on to my hand.

The last thing I heard before everything went black, was Alexis' groggy voice: "Mmmmm...What'd I miss?"

*

*

*

*

*

*

THE HOSPITAL...

"I'm so glad that you're OK." Marcus breathed as he kiss my cheek. I was currently lying on a hospital bed with a bandage on my side.

"It was only a slash Marcus, I've been through worse." I reassured. Pain centered from my wound yet the drugs the doctor gave me subsided most of it.

He caressed the side of my face and graced me with a breathtaking smile. "You still gave me a scare, Tory. I couldn't bare the thought of losing you."

My heart was swelling with love and adoration for this amazing man. After two weeks of being reunited with his fiance, he still cared about me. My eyes wandered to the suit he was wearing. Then it occurred to me that he probably just came from his wedding when I had called him!

My expression hardened and I slapped his hand away from my face. His eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "What? What's wrong?" He questioned.

I shot him a cold glare. "I'm guessing that you had returned from your grand wedding?" His eyes widened and he opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it. "Why are you even here Marcus? You should be with your wife." I spat. I adjusted myself so that I was sitting up.

"You don't understand-"

"WHAT is so hard to understand? You got married today; I called you for help and you came. I thought I was starting to get over the pain and accept that we can never be, yet you're acting as if you're at the hospital in support of your lover. Now you're gonna leave me brokenhearted again!" I yelled.

Anger surfaced in his eyes. "Isn't this what you wanted?! You were so adamant on me leaving and now you're angry at me for doing what you wanted. I'm here because I love you, I'm not playing any games with you." He replied, in frustration.

Tears pricked my eyes. "I never wanted you to leave. I never wanted you to get married. I just didn't want you to change the course that you life was taking before you met me. I-"

"Victoria-"

"Its just too complicated," I interrupted, once again. I felt warm tears slide down my cheeks. "I don't know what I want anymore my life is-"

Marcus covered his hand over my mouth. "Victoria," he spoke softly as he stared deep into my eyes. "I left Gabriella at the altar. When you called me for help, I realised that my love for you could not compare to anyone else in the world. I'm in love with you, not her. I almost made the biggest mistake of my life in marrying that woman, but I came to my senses. And I'm here because there's no place I'd rather be."

He removed his hand from my mouth. A lump caught in my throat as his words sunk in. "Really?" I asked, in disbelief. In all my years of existence, love never came my way nor did it prevail. But here I was, looking into the forest green eyes of the man I was madly in love with, who just declared his  love for me. In the short period time I've known him, it seemed as if all odds were against us being together, and now all the obstacles to our relationship were out of the way.

He flashed me a breathtaking smile. "Yes, Victoria I meant every word. I don't care what my family thinks nor what influence being with you will have on the media. I care about you and our future together. Your the only woman in the world I could picture marrying and starting a family with."

"It's funny you should say that because...I'm pregnant."

*

*

A/N: DUN, DUN DUN! I HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY BUSY WITH MY STUDIES AND HAVE COMPLETLY NEGLECTED THIS STORY AND MY READERS. PLEASE ACCEPT MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGY. THIS IS UNFORTUNATLY THE END OF MY STORY. A HAPPY ONE, BUT THE END NONETHELESS. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE EPILOGUE AND I WANT TO THANK ALL THOSE WHO HAD AN INTEREST IN MY STORY. I HAVE MORE UNIQUE AND CREATIVE STORIES TO WRITE AND I WILL TRY TO UPDATE REGULARLY AND LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES WITH THIS BOOK. SO PLEASE:

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE