Taking Stock

Richard VO: "Last time on Power Rangers Mystic Knights!"

Hollis: "If you see those 'Power Rangers' again, tell them to come to UCF police. We want to talk to them."

Richard: "I'll see what I can do."

Morgan le Fay: "I'll need to throw something at them that will catch them by surprise until my long-term plans are achieved."

Nimue: "I won't break my academic honesty by using magic."

Mysterious voice: "Why did you betray me..."

Jen: "Something's bothering you, what is it?"

(Jen fights a monster and discovers she can use her powers without her Caliburn Sword. The other Rangers catch on quickly and defeat the monster)

Hollis: "Those guys are WAY too powerful."

Nimue: "You need to work on your form! You all were sloppy, save for Kazuma and Richard!"

Power Rangers Mystic Knights, episode 8: Taking Stock

:-:-:-: Stand and fight! We must unite! Power Rangers Mystic Knights, LET'S GO! :-:-:-:

The large number of books, scrolls, parchment and Nimue's face reminded the other Rangers of when they'd seen her studying. But it was a lot more focused than that. Usually whenever she studied, she'd start groaning and throwing a mini fit at how being sealed up for a millennium-and-a-half prevented her from really getting a grasp on modern civilization... even if she did appear to like it more than her own time period.

"What's taking her so long?" Javier asked. "It's just bending."

"Shut up," said Kaz.

"Come on, what's taking so long?" Javier said again, earning a punch to his arm.

"When your mother asked you to be patient, did you throw a tantrum?" Nimue asked while looking through a book. "I know there's something in here somewhere!"

"It's okay, Nimue," said Jen. "You're doing your best."

"Thank you very much, Jen," Nimue replied. Still, the same frustration was evident in her expression. "But for now, all I can say is that it seems I was wrong about your powers. I had assumed you could only use the powers with the Caliburn Swords, but I guess not. What did you refer to it as?"

"Bending," said Kaz. "It's from a show, called 'Avatar' where these people use martial arts to control elements like fire, water, earth and air."

"So that is it," said Nimue. "For now, we will have to forget about where this came from, and focus on perfecting it. I hate to repeat myself, but you all looked shite and uncreative!"

"You didn't have to be so rude," said Jen.

"You're right, I'm sorry," said Nimue. Everyone, including Jen, was surprised at Nimue's reaction. "But, that does not change the fact that you still have to perfect it."

"And what if we don't have time?" Kaz asked.

"Merlin taught me a spell that will allow you to perfect your techniques in less time than it usually does," Nimue said while looking through her study materials. "You will still be required to actually practice these techniques, but learning and mastering them will take far shorter. Merlin used them on some of Arthur's soldiers whenever it looked like they were having difficulty."

"Oh, so it's easy!" said Javier. "We'll just use that spell and we'll master our bending in no time!"

"Who said it was going to be easy?" Nimue asked, making Javier realize what he was in for.