35. Trip to Agra, anyone?

Start from the beginning

"offo Arnavji even Chiku was less sulky than that on his school's first day! You will be in a meeting there, who will look after her? Ek jagah rukti hain ye?(does she stay at one place for long)?" her question finally made him realize the folly in his plan. He would be in meetings for most of the time, who will look after Arohi then? Attending calls from home, while taking care of his kids was another thing, going to in-person meetings was another.

"oh. I didn't think that" he said sheepishly. He turned to look at Teddy, who just woofed, showing no sympathy either.

"Humein pata tha (i knew it). and by the way, Agra's petha is famous, not this muffin-shuffin." subtly telling him what she wanted from Agra.

--*--

As expected, Arnav didn't get any time at all during the day, he even had a working lunch, let alone step out to visit Taj! Khushi sighed as she put the kids to sleep. Kavish did ask for his papa but eventually dozed off, while Aru and Pari kept looking at the bedroom door hoping their dada would come to give good night kissie.

"Aapke papa late ayenge baccha, so jao."Khushi lied down on their bed, with the girls lying on her either side, cuddling their mamma holding either side of her dupatta, as their own blanket! Pari's eyes closed slowly as khushi watched with a smile and within 5 minutes Khushi's tired body gave into sleep too. The only person who didn't have an ounce of rest was Arohi! She was wide awake, fully charged and smiled broadly as she noticed the person who just walked in!

It was almost 11.30 pm, when Arnav returned home. Entering in his bedroom, which was lit, but was empty, he stepped in and went to the door that connected to kids' bedroom. And there they were! The sight that would always warm his heart, the sight of his kids and Khushi! Kavish was asleep in his bed while, Khushi and the girls were in their princess bed. Pari was sleeping holding khushi's dupatta while Arohi was awake. 

Arnav signaled Aru to keep quiet, keeping his index finger on his lips. Aru giggled and snuggled closer to khushi, who turned on her side in sleep. Seeking the opportunity, Arnav got in bed and hugged them from back. That immediately woke her!

"where is my cuddle?" he asked, kissing khushi's cheek, making Aru giggle some more, looking at parents' display of love! 

"this monkey isn't asleep yet?" he asked getting up, picking Aru, while khushi too got up shaking her head smilingly and the trip walked out of the bedroom.

--*--

A while later, Khushi warmed up food for him, as he hadn't had proper food throughout the day, being used to homemade food now. As she set his plate, Arnav gave her the box of petha. Khushi's eyes lightened up immediately.

"Thank you Arnavji" she kissed his cheek, and then Aru's. Arohi was in his lap, and was absolutely refusing to go to bed without them!

"I want that." Aru indicated to the sweets' box

"No baccha, you have already brushed your teeth. Kal subah ok?" khushi replied while serving food to Arnav.

"Khushi, let it be na?" Arnav tried to object but Khushi was firm on her stand, and better prepared too

"Aru, tell dada, the only sweet allowed before sleeping is-?"  Khushi asked in a hope that her daughter remembered what was told, 

"this one." Aru said kissing her father's cheek, making him smile. So she did remember!

And then the trio continued to chit chat, as Arnav had dinner while listening to the mother-daughter duo talk nineteen to the dozen!

--*--

"where is my dessert?" he asked once they had put Aru to sleep and were ready to bed

"baad mein, first, there's a lesson for you." Khushi said, swatting his arms that were about to cup her cheeks and kiss her

"what the?" he was obviously annoyed

"what the, nahi. Arnavji, we need to limit kids' sweets intake and junk food too. That day chiku, aaj aru. You have to be on my side in this."

"you know that i cant see them pining after something, Khushi." he sighed. he really couldn't.

"but its not pining, its for their own good na? please?" she continued to make him understand

"hmm I know. I will try." he agreed and said in a low tone and Khushi decided to cut him some slack. He was trying, that was ok for now. Now, time for-,wait? what the?

She watched as Arnav got under the blanket, switched off the bedside lamp and almost closed his eyes. Time for his wife to take over from the mother of his kids!

"What are you doing?" Arnav almost jumped as he sensed her lips on his neck

"I thought you asked for dessert?" when she asked that, for a fraction of a second Arnav had almost denied, thought he was no longer in the mood. But just one look at her sinfully kissable lips, her doe eyes and that soft touch of her as she cupped his cheek, his mood was set! She was seduction personified, and made for just him!

And then khushi indeed let him have his dessert!

--*--

A/N - told ya, it's fluff! I kinda love that little banter arshi had in the show just before arnav made khushi accept him her 'pati'! Also, mentioning Agra without mention of Petha was impossible. Petha-(made from pumpkin/ash-guard)-not to be confused with pedha(a milk dessert) is a famous sweet. (anyone from Agra here? Panchi Petha anyone??)

Next chapter will be sooner, likely this Friday or Saturday and as promised it will be on V-day aka contract anniversary! Watch this space :)