i: miss pretty eyes

They say college was boring. It might be true... but it really depends. Some enjoyed being in high school more. However, I spent most of my high school in the closet. So, college was a different experience for me.

My first two years in college were, I don't know, kind of boring. That was until I reunited with my best friend Yoo Jeongyeon. We've been friends since grade school but we got separated in high school. Just imagine how happy I was to see her again.

Jeongyeon had been out since elementary. She sported cool short hair and was openly hitting on girls. She's just so cool and she really looked handsome. I may have had a crush on her but I'm more into feminine looking girls.

I never thought our paths would cross again and she looked so different now. Her hair got longer, shoulder length. She looked feminine.

I teased her one time about it and joked if she could be my girlfriend. And Jeongyeon's response was, "I'm flattered but you're not my type."

What an asshole, right? But whatever, I only see her as a friend too. She was actually surprised when I told her I was gay. She said she didn't know, I never gave off a vibe. Maybe that's how good I was at playing straight. But whatever, it's time to live my truth.

It's another boring class in Korean Politics, the second month of the second semester when Professor Kang decided for us to have proper seats and it would mean I'd be separated from Jeongyeon. Just what the fuck! We weren't in grade school nor high school anymore to have proper seats! But of course she's the professor, she makes the rules. Sigh.

"Jeong, don't go~" I pouted but she just rolled her eyes at me and playfully smacked my head. I wanted to confront her if our friendship was just one sided. Some friend she was. How could she smack my head?!

Soon, I heard my name being called by Professor Kang. And she just gestured to the row where my seat was without really properly pointing where it was. So I wasn't sure where I should sit, exactly. I was about to open my mouth to ask her when she said, "Fifth chair, third row."

"Ah..." I nodded and went to my seat. And oh boy... my heart skipped when I saw who my seatmate was.

I didn't know her name but I've been seeing her in this class. She's really pretty. I don't know if the others also found her pretty but I'm attracted to her, especially her eyes. I'm a sucker for girls who have pretty eyes. And she has a nice nose and a good side profile. I never saw her smile though which made her seem mysterious. 

I didn't tell Jeongyeon about her because she'd surely tease me about it.

I tried my best not to stare too much when I reached my seat. Maybe I'd be thanking Miss Kang for the first time.

And even though her class wasn't my favorite, this might be my favorite now.

I bit my lip to prevent myself from smiling.

***

"Jeongyeon, do you know my seatmate?" I couldn't keep it in any further. I had to talk about her, my seatmate. But I kept forgetting her name. Dammit.

"No. Who's your seatmate?"

"Aish. Pay attention next time!" I bumped my shoulder to hers.

"Why?" Jeongyeon asked, rather annoyed because I hit her shoulder.

"Just do it for me! I'm your friend! You think I'm not hurt by how you're treating me?"

Jeongyeon just stared at me after my outburst and then she laughed. "What the fuck? What does your seatmate have to do with our friendship?"