𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐇𝐞𝐫𝐞, 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐰

"𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐘?" 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃

Tony looked up from the camera he was setting up, eyes studying her situation. "Camera's up. Pops isn't home, so he can't get mad at us. Dr. Cho is... not on call, but I'm sure it'll be fine. Are you ready?"

Charlie looked down, swallowing hard.

She stood on a platform in the middle of the lab, the whole of New York on display through the floor-to-ceiling windows. Scraps of metal and miscellaneous tech were sprawled all along the floor  and on top of every surface, from a long day of tinkering. Tony beamed up at her, pride written into every one of his features, as he watched his daughter follow in his footsteps.

She was wearing her newly finished suit, for the first time in years.

"Slightly terrified, but yes." She stretched her fingers one more time, feeling the metal whirr around her effortlessly. The deep violet left a reflection on the floor, bathing the platform in a slight purple. "Okay, okay, let's just do it. I'm gonna psych myself out."

"Alright," Tony looked excited, but slightly wary. Charlie stuck her tongue out at him, straightening her shoulders when he reciprocated. "Alright, okay. J.A.R.V.I.S and V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A are both online?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Affirmative, Boss."

Tony looked at her expectantly. Dummy whirred next to him, moving closer to his creator, almost as if he were watching her room.

Charlie let the face plate close over her head, shielding the rest of the world from any traitorous expressions of fear. Immediately, the tiny tech world inside her suit lit up, and she cleared her throat.

"Okay. The time is," she trailed off.

"Ten twenty-two am, Miss," V.E.R.O.N.I.C.A supplied in her ear.

"10:22, thank you, dear," Charlie nodded. "This is test take one of the Violet Mark II... damn, we need a better name."

Tony chuckled. "I'm sure we'll come up with something."

"Anyway," Charlie said, feeling her hair poke the back of her neck, "Yeah, test one, Mark II. Everything looks good in here so far. So... flight test. Here we go."

Tony visibly held his breath as Charlie's thrusters whirred and she ever so slowly lifted each of her legs.

Charlie let out a laugh of relief as she felt herself hovering a few inches off of the floor, the air solid beneath her feet. "Oh my God!"