"You can explain more now if you'd like. I'm here to listen." She picked up a stack of clothes sitting on the bed next to Nathan. She motioned for him to strip, and he obliged, though hesitantly.

"I just never know what to expect with him. One moment he's screaming in my face, and the next he's so gentle. You'd think he was an entirely different person." Nathan tugged his shirt off, trying not to mess up his hair again. "For instance... after I hit Edwards... He was telling me to breathe, trying to calm me down. I don't know what to make of it." He stood, sliding off his trousers.

Rosemary nodded thoughtfully, handing him a shirt from the pile. It was a plain white button up. He pulled it on, buttoning it quickly. "To be completely honest, Nathaniel... I've never seen him be that gentle with anyone, aside from his family. I'm not quite sure what has brought that change about in him." She handed him a pair of black trousers, and he slid them on, tucking in his shirt. The pants sagged on his thin hips.

"He's a mystery to me." Nathan murmured, shaking his head. "And I have no idea what he intends to do with me..." Rosemary handed him a dark red tie, which he tied lazily while he spoke. "He wants me to help him get to my brothers. But once he has them, I'm not sure what's going to happen to me. Well, I guess I know what's going to happen, once I'm useless to him." He pulled the tie tighter around his neck, and adjusted it to lay properly against his chest.

"Maybe not, Nathaniel. I can only hope he may have pity on you." She took his hand, smiling up at him. "I'll do what I can to help."

Nathan forced a small smile back at her. "I appreciate that. But just... be safe, yeah?"

She nodded. "I will."

There was a knock on the door. "Rosemary, any day now. I don't have time for this!" Vincent called out to them.

Rosemary frowned, releasing Nathan's hand. "Good luck." She whispered, before moving to the door, pulling it open. Vincent glared down at her, before turning his eyes towards Nathan.

"You, let's go. We have places to be." Nathan scurried over to him. He took notice of Vincent's eyes trailing down his body. "I suppose that'll do." He murmured, grabbing ahold of Nathan's arm. His fingers dug into his skin, and Vincent impatiently pulled him down the hallway.

They traveled in silence, their footsteps echoing off the stone walls of the castle.

Eventually they reached a room at the end of a long, empty hallway. The door was propped open. Nathan was pushed in ahead of Vincent. Upon stumbling into the room, the faces of several men turned towards him. He picked out Sir Edwards' face immediately. There was a large table in the center of the room, but most of the chairs around it were empty. He counted 8 other men in the room, some donned armor, some wore finer clothes.

Nathan felt Vincent's hand on his back, nudging him towards an empty seat. "Sit." He muttered in his ear, and Nathan sat, trying to keep his head down. "Men, a pleasure to have you here today." Vincent stood behind his seat, a hand resting on the back of the chair. "Nathaniel, allow me to introduce these fine men to you." Vincent's hand moved to grab his chin, lifting it so he was forced to meet the stares of the committee.

"Of course, you're very familiar with John. He looks much better in red, does he not?" Nathan's eyes fell on Edwards' once more, and he shuddered. The knight smirked at him. "Next to him, our War General, Jacobs." Vincent turned his face so he had to make direct eye contact with each of these men. "Head executioner, Dimlye. Master of Torture, Kellite. Sir Rosné, Hopkins, Barker, and Fletcher respectively... My council." Vincent's hand released Nathan's chin, and he took a seat next to him.

Nathan immediately dropped his head back down, staring at his hands folded neatly in his lap. He was afraid to find out what this was all about.

"Now... I'm certain you all have noticed Sir Beslyn is not with us today. Unfortunately, he fell in battle during the Aecroston raid, along with 10 of our soldiers. He will be missed." Vincent's voice, however, did not carry an ounce of grief. There was a hushed murmur from the men, before Vincent continued. "Now for today's business... Sir Edwards... Luckily, your cover has not been blown. But I believe it is in our best interest for you to begin spending more time in Aecroston's castle, lest your absence be noticed. We cannot afford them getting suspicious."