"Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it."

Gloria shrieks when she catches sight of Dazai and Chuuya is half tempted to mimic her, she throws herself forward trying to get away from him and Chuuya is bewildered when he realizes she's trying to get towards Chuuya. She half clambers, half crawls her way onto his lap and Chuuya hesitantly wraps a arm around her.

"Please" She begs, eyes squeezed shut, she's rocking back and forth blunt nails digging into the back of Chuuyas neck. "Please don't let him near me."

Chuuya shushes her, hands rubbing down her back soothingly. "Just a few seconds, I won't let him hurt you. I promise, okay?"

She shakes her head vigorously and continues to beg loudly through sobs. Chuuyas swallows around the lump through his throat and reaches out to gently still her head. "Gloria, I need you to be brave for me okay. Dazai wont hurt you, and if he does I'll kill him" Chuuya hisses suddenly vicious, yes Chuuya would kill Dazai, he would make it hurt.

Dazai and the others are still hovering outside the car, so Chuuya steps out, making sure to shield the girl from view.

Dazai immediately reaches toward Chuuya. A grin plays on his face, "Chuuya! I'm so happy you're here, come here, let me hold you"

Chuuya shakes his head awkwardly and bats away Dazai's hands. "Deactivate the ability." He says tersely.

Dazai's face falls but he obediently reaches for her. She whimpers and grabs desperately at Chuuyas back, holding him close. Chuuya lets her, swaying slightly under her weight.

The ability is deactivated with little fanfare and the silence that follows has Chuuya itching.

He inhales rapidly trying to collect himself, he notes idly that Gloria is sobbing, half collapsed against his back.

"Right then." He mutters under his breath, "I'm taking her home, you guys are done with her now, she doesn't deserve to be punished." On an impulse he says: "Any further questions will be directed through the Port Mafia, she's under our protection and therefore under our jurisdiction."

The nod he gets is his que to swerve on his heel and ushers her into the car.

He drives her home, the silence weighing him down like a rock. He tries to talk to her but she just stares out the car with sullen red rimmed eyes.

When they pull up in front of her apartment complex he grabs her arm and presses his number hastily written onto a handkerchief into her hand.

"If you need anything, call me."

She doesn't reply but she also doesn't throw it back into his face, so Chuuya counts that as a win. She jerks her head in something approximating a nod and turns to walk home.

Chuuya doesn't let himself stay and watch her, he has a feeling he would never leave. He drives back to HQ faster than is safe.

He makes a beeline for Ane-san, who takes one look at him and gestures for him to sit down.

She's graceful and poised with the fabric of her kimono gathered around her. She asks him whats wrong with such genuine concern, Chuuya wants suddenly to collapse in her arms and hide.

His mouth twists and he wonders how to tell her that he wishes he hadn't helped Dazai, that he wanted the easy affection that uninhabited Dazai offered so readily. He opens his mouth and tries to tell her about the oh so sweet affection he could have had.

All that comes out is a low ugly whine.

In a flash he's in her arms, shes making a soft crooning noise and Chuuya is crying and coming apart in her arms.